Okay. So I tuned my acoustic guitar to a variant of drop Db to play a goo goo dolls song, and I notice that my intonation is terrible. I mean off by almost a quarter step in some circumstances (according to my tuner), and my ear can definitely tell the bass sounds bad. My string gauge is 12

Anything I can do to fix it? Could it have to do with the fact that the treble strings are tuned up quite a bit above standard or that I have a capo on the 2nd fret?

tab: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/g/goo_goo_dolls/sympathy_tab.htm
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
its because your guitar is set up for standard, if you alter your tuning it will throw off your intonation by either having too much tension (tuned up) or not enough tension (tuned down) on the neck
If i rember right the real way to fix that was having a guitar with slightly differently positioned frets.
Otherwise you can have a saddle chiseled to be accurate.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
If the intonation is fine in concert it really shouldnt be too different. Why are the treble tuned above standard anyway. Thats never good.
Quote by Tommy Walker
If the intonation is fine in concert it really shouldnt be too different. Why are the treble tuned above standard anyway. Thats never good.

ask johnny rzeznik. almost all goo goo dolls songs are tuned like this
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah