I bought a boss DS-1 distortion pedal 3 days ago because I hated the distortion sounds I got from my peavey15. It works great, I am very happy with it. While I was at the store though I saw the digitech hothead distortion and noticed it had an extra knob...figured it will give me more options for the future when I'm trying to get different sounds out of my pedal. I didn't get a chance to try out the Digitech though because the store associates decided they weren't gonna do a good job selling their product and nothing was plugged in. I can still return the boss pedal If i choose to, So how do these 2 pedals compare in your opinions? I play an RG321 with a peavey15...I like to play stuff like deftones, coldplay, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, and Bowie. Oh yea I should mention, the reason I'm pondering so much is because Guitar Center is having a promotion...buy 2 Digitech and get 1 Free, its an online promotion if you guys wanna check it out.
Last edited by boizart1 at Oct 28, 2009,
the digitech just has separate high/low knobs as apposed to the one tone knob the DS-1 has. try it out and see which one you like better.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Really the DS-1 isn't that good of a pedal stock - its pretty thin and lifeless. The DigiTech isn't going to be much better either. There's a good chance that you will love either one right now but will regret your purchase later on down the road.

Some better distortion pedals to look into, depending on your budget, are the DigiTech Hardwire TL-2 and the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff.
did some research...wanna keep it under a hundred. Im gonna run to guitar center tomorrow to check out the RAT and digitech hardwire...found some way huge's and a "dimebag something" thats supposed to be good, not too bad of a price.
Quote by boizart1
did some research...wanna keep it under a hundred. Im gonna run to guitar center tomorrow to check out the RAT and digitech hardwire...found some way huge's and a "dimebag something" thats supposed to be good, not too bad of a price.

I'm not sure about the Rats that are made today, but the ones from the 80's were great pedals. I don't see why ProCo would change the design much, if any at all.

I've never played any Way Huge pedals but I've always been interested in them.

The Dimebag pedal that you're probably speaking of is the MXR Doubleshot, which isn't a very good pedal. Be leery of "signature" pedals because some are decent while others are just overpriced pieces of junk.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Some better distortion pedals to look into, depending on your budget, are the DigiTech Hardwire TL-2 and the Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff.

+1 on the metal muff but only with a noise gate because if u crank up the distortion the tchhhhh on the back is kinda annoying