So, I want to have a bright marshall sound with a bit of warmth on the low end, however, I don't want to shell out a thousand for a new head. I've currently got a Peavey Valveking VK100 head with a Crate 4x12 cabinet. I don't trust the reviews at musiciansfriend, so I thought I'd ask you guys.

TLDR:
Want: Bright Marshall Sound with warm low end
Have: Peavey VK100 Head
Budget: up to $150
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
not much you can do with $150. you could probably swap out two of your speakers or something, or sell your current cab and look around for a better used one.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I have definitely considered switching out my cab, I guess I think it doesn't matter to much to my tone.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Quote by Vince Sixx
I have definitely considered switching out my cab, I guess I think it doesn't matter to much to my tone.

It is kind of the main physical component of your sound.
Heh, well, Christmas is coming up, so say I had an unlimited budget, what would I get for a distortion pedal?

(Unlimited =/= 1000 bucks, heh)

What speakers are in your cab?

Your best bet, long term, would be to get a better cab with either Vintage 30s or Greenbacks in it. But if you're just looking for a Marshall kind of distortion, 150$ would get you an MI Audio Crunch Box or a Tech 21 British Character Series pedals. Both will give you the sound you're looking for.

Ignore zorbozate. Many other manufactures have done the Marshall sound well, and some have improved on it.