ok, im thinking, for my birthday i might upgrade my bridge pup on my jackson JS20 Dinky, at the moment its just running a standard jackson 10 pup i think it is, which to be honest is very bassy and muddy as hell, so im thinking an upgrade is probably a good thing, whats some good pups that would go well with high gain amp. i was thinking seymour duncan or EMG, i run an EMG 81 in my ibanez, also, can u install active pups in a guitar that has passive?
Gear List:
Guitars:
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Jackson JS20 Dinky
Ibanez MTM1 (Slipknot Signature)
Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Head (with Grill Mod)
Cab and Effects:
Orange PPC412(BLK)
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
What's the setup of the guitar?
You CAN wire active pickups into a guitar with a passive pickup but it's a lot of hassle and many people don't regard it as worth it.

What genres do you play? I assume metal by the mixture of Jackson Dinky + Peavey 6505?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i run my guitar with 12-56 strings in Drop C (most of the time) i play metal/metalcore that kinda stuff
Gear List:
Guitars:
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Jackson JS20 Dinky
Ibanez MTM1 (Slipknot Signature)
Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Head (with Grill Mod)
Cab and Effects:
Orange PPC412(BLK)
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
dimarzio super distortion pickups are awesome passives. they have plenty of natural gain and certainly aren't muddy.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Seeing as the JS20 is a S-S-H setup, I personally wouldn't go down the active route. Instead, I'd just throw a Bareknuckle Nailbomb into the bridge.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia