ok so tomorrow i'm going down to my guitar store to look at these amps. i'm wanting something that does everything, from brutal to crispy clean. Are there any others i should have a look at whilst i'm there?? BTW this is the store so they may not have some stuff that you suggest, and my budget is £2500 www.gak.co.uk

Mesa Dual Recitfier
Mesa MkV
ENGL Powerball
ENGL Savage
Marshall JVM410H

cheers

EDIT:£2500 with the cab as well
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Last edited by shredftw at Oct 28, 2009,
I think you might want to take the Marshall of your list, i've played it and i hated it.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
well honestly the JVM is probably the most versatile but the gain can be a bit fizzy and unfocused but with an OD it tightens up pretty good i'm a sucker for Engl but since you want versatility my vote goes to the JVM
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
Your local shop may not be dealers, but for that price you could afford a diamond half stack - DO IT! NOW!!!

Good thinking 2500 pounds is a good stack of cash i've always wanted to play a Diamond myself but it's not gonna happen anytime soon
Quote by AxSilentxLine
well honestly the JVM is probably the most versatile but the gain can be a bit fizzy and unfocused but with an OD it tightens up pretty good i'm a sucker for Engl but since you want versatility my vote goes to the JVM

Well thats the thing, it does a lot but does none of it well (except maybe cleans). The Mark V on the other hand does just about everything well.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Good thinking 2500 pounds is a good stack of cash i've always wanted to play a Diamond myself but it's not gonna happen anytime soon

My local dealer is a Diamond Dealer - I've tried the Spitfire, the Phantom and the Spec-Op. The Spitfire is a pretty high gain vintage tone - loved it. The Spec-Op screams, but has a great clean channel. The Phantom screams in a vintage style OR a modern style, and has the same clean channel - nicest amp I've ever played!
I was going to recommend a Mesa/Boogie Road King, but it's a bit out of your price range. But definitely the one to go for if you want something that can do everything
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
i can't go over my budget at all, £2500 is the max and the road king head is £3200
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
doesn't seem to be available at your shopping spot. but i'd recommend cornford amps for a change.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Don't get a Mesa in The UK. Complete rip off.

Engl Blackmore? It won't go at Br00talz as the other Engls though, but neither would the Dual Rectifier.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab