Hi. Im going to be guitarist in a cover band after college and am going to use pedals such as the turbo rat, tubescreamer TS9, boss chorus to get my sound. Because im using these pedals is there any point getting an expensive amp such as a fender twin, or would any amp with headroom do the job? All my pedals would go through the clean channel. Thanks.
Get a blues junior or something.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
the amp makes the most difference in your tone.

that being said, if you have a kick ass multi fx unit, you can get a great sound by just running that to the house PA.
if it sounds good it sounds good. if you are in a cover band then you are not gonna need a record quality amp. but like they said if it is played through shit it will sound like shit. it depends how serios you wanna be with this. but if you want a new amp then i suggest looking into Kustom amps. i have a defender and its great for cleans and not to expensive.
JOE DYE
Yeah, what's here. Peavey and Fender.

Your amp and speaker account for about 80% of your tone!
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
ok thanks. what about the fender hot rod deluxe/deville? you think theyd give me a nice clean base? been told the deluxe might break up too quick tho!
It really won't. It's 40 watts of Fender clean. It will probably break up too late.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab