Apparently some parts of the world and the UN think the Australian goverment are too hard on illegal Immigrants. But i personally think we are protecting our borders.
What does the Pit have to add the this discussion?
I think it's hilarious for two reasons

• Unless you're aboriginal chances are that you come from an immigrant family yourself, and not that long ago it moved/was moved to australia
  • It's a huge ****ing area you've got, you're not full you rhubarb smelling idiots
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Because all of these asylum seekers are from around the middle east they are terrorists. They'll blow us up heaps /sarcasm
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by Kensai

• Unless you're aboriginal chances are that you come from an immigrant family yourself
  • It's a huge ****ing area you've got, you're not full you rhubarb smelling idiots

dammit, I was gonna write that

(except the rhubarb part. wtf??)
Quote by Kensai

• Unless you're aboriginal chances are that you come from an immigrant family yourself

hey well guess what i am a aboriginal!!!!!
Quote by Kensai

• Unless you're aboriginal chances are that you come from an immigrant family yourself, and not that long ago it moved/was moved to australia

Exactly. Although to be fair, a lot of that area is pretty un-liveable. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

I just think the whole argument is ridiculous. I'd like K-Rudd to spend a week in a war torn country, and have his family raped, tortured and murdered, and then see how he feels about it. These people are escaping terrible, terrible places, we should be welcoming them with open arms. But then again, Australian politics have never really been based off any sort of common sense.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
The main reason we turn away a number of asylum seekers (for example the boat load we handballed off to indonesia) is because if we let them all in, it encourages far more people smuggling.
Wasn't australia englands place to fill their criminal scum into?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai

* Unless you're aboriginal chances are that you come from an immigrant family yourself, and not that long ago it moved/was moved to australia
* It's a huge ****ing area you've got, you're not full you rhubarb smelling idiots

Exactly. Although to be fair, a lot of that area is pretty un-liveable. Unless you're into that sort of thing.

I just think the whole argument is ridiculous. I'd like K-Rudd to spend a week in a war torn country, and have his family raped, tortured and murdered, and then see how he feels about it. These people are escaping terrible, terrible places, we should be welcoming them with open arms. But then again, Australian politics have never really been based off any sort of common sense.

Yeah but the thing about politics is the government's only aim is to stay in power, meaning they are going to follow the majority of the nations view. Is it possible the majority do not want asylum seekers let into the country?
The Visa system is tough enough as it is, I know a lot of countries use a points based system, but australias probably the toughest.

My friend Libby can come to England, stay here for 6 months without so much as filling any forms or visas, let alone actually paying!. If I went to Oz, I would need so many points to live an work there, THEN prove I'm worthy of being Australian.

Cheeky as **** as most descendants of Australia and America are British anyway.. and Australia is still part of the commonwealth? tight.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
im australian and i say let em in. if i were a refugee fleeing a war torn country i would want to be allowed into some other safer country.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by nick dixon

Cheeky as **** as most descendants of Australia and America are British anyway.. and Australia is still part of the commonwealth? tight.

So is Canada, but you wouldn't want to admit to that, would you?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I think we should let the Tamals in, but we get a lot of people who try to come in illegaly trying to "get rich", to say aren't seeking asylum as such but going to a better economy, and certain elements of immigrants end up becoming criminals due to lack of both sides of cultural understanding and intergrating values and belifes, and that breeds a xenophobia in the white culture, which still is the major power-holder in this land.
Last edited by pagan_bloodlust at Oct 28, 2009,
I thought the canadians were french.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Karvid
So is Canada, but you wouldn't want to admit to that, would you?

Eh.. is that a BEAR playing Hockey? *runs*
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Why do people have such trouble starting threads here? Wouldn't you think to provide a reason or two for your idea, TS?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to