He guys

Im gettina new bass head and cant decide which head to get, a GK 700RB-II or an Ampeg B2RE.

Theyre the same price, the GK is 30 more watts(I dont think it matters when your at a wattage that high anyway right?)

Im using a 500W Ampeg cabinet. Do any of you have any experience with either of these heads? Ive heard great things about the 700rb and some not so great things about the b2re, but I kind of want to match ampeg with ampeg.

If that means a worse head though then i dont care.

any advice?
Completely different amps. Try em out. Personally, I'd take the GK over the ampeg any day.
Well the Ampeg is good enough for Pete 'Lightning' Wentz so it's obviously a very good amp.

In all honesty though I dislike both amps equally and I'd buy a Hartke instead but out of the two I'd say the GK. Neither the GK or the Ampeg particularly stood out to me tonally when I was in the market for a new amp
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Hartke heads are very passive in the way of tone, they don't do much for tone. GK and Ampeg however are pretty much reknowned for being big on "signature" tones... think you have your stuff the wrong way around man^.

That said, if you love your effects loops and have alot of pedals, there would be no harm in checking out the Hartke too.
Maybe he means he didn't like the tone? I highly doubt he's mixed anything up.

I've heard better about the GK than the Ampeg, that's the best I can give, sorry.
the GK is much better.

they are almost complete opposite, which leads me to believe you don't know what you want, besides a bass head.

what do you want?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by skater dan0
Well the Ampeg is good enough for Pete 'Lightning' Wentz so it's obviously a very good amp.

In all honesty though I dislike both amps equally and I'd buy a Hartke instead but out of the two I'd say the GK. Neither the GK or the Ampeg particularly stood out to me tonally when I was in the market for a new amp

lol Pete wentz as in fallout boy pete? xD or someone else cause i really have never took him serious at all.

I would also say the Hartke is a good option, also even look at Ashdown MAG's i find those to be killer :P
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.