I like my amps cleans, just getting that out of the way

X3 Live

or

Wah: Boss PWT 10 (Or crybaby, leaning towards PWT 10)
Distortion: Boss DS-2 (Or 1 or MT-2)
EQ: Beta Arkine or some german company 6 band. I liked it
Delay: DD3 (Or 7 if its worth it/I need it)
Chorus: CE5

What say?
Quote by luv090909
I like my amps cleans, just getting that out of the way

X3 Live

or

Wah: Boss PWT 10 (Or crybaby, leaning towards PWT 10)
Distortion: Boss DS-2 (Or 1 or MT-2)
EQ: Beta Arkine or some german company 6 band. I liked it
Delay: DD3 (Or 7 if its worth it/I need it)
Chorus: CE5

What say?

Well first off you are confused about the term 'analog.' Second, the whole point of getting individual stomp boxes is to get better quality ones than what a POD or other MFX would have built in. If I had to choose between those two, I'd take the POD, but only because your choice of pedals is pretty terrible.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Well first off you are confused about the term 'analog.' Second, the whole point of getting individual stomp boxes is to get better quality ones than what a POD or other MFX would have built in. If I had to choose between those two, I'd take the POD, but only because your choice of pedals is pretty terrible.

Never really looked into what analog pedals are, sorry.
Just assumed they were single pedals.

What pedals would you suggest then?
Have a budget of around 600$
wait a minute.... what's going on? forgive my ignorance but i don't know what you're asking.

edit: ok i know now. how bout this: how familiar are you with pedals?

if you're not familiar with using pedals, i'd suggest just taking it one pedal at a time. the most basic, of course, would be a distortion box. from there, you can slowly move on and decide what you need. don't jump in and buy all the pedals at one go. you'll stand to lose out financially.

if you're already damn familiar with what sounds you want and are sure of your purchases no matter what they are, i think i'd suggest the individual pedals. but still, one pedal at a time does it best.

don't buy them all at one go.
Quote by daryle_goh
wait a minute.... what's going on? forgive my ignorance but i don't know what you're asking.

you are looking for pedals to complement the amp right?

what amp are you using?

Im not sure if you guys know about this brand.

Its a Kustom Sound Jazz Cube 60

The cleans are decent, its got nothing else.
IMO your comparing apples to oranges. An ME pedal like an X3 is more of a pre amp than an FX pedal. You buy an effects processor like an X3 more so for tonal control rather than a few effects. If you strictly want effects I believe an M13 would be more suited to your needs.

FYI though, if you're deadset on the X3, I have one and I love it (not a live though, just an X3). It offers a great deal of tonal control and some really nice tones for a good price, it will never sound exactly like a Powerball or a Plexi but it can pull off some nice sounds in the same realm as them. Plus I love making wacky ass synth tones on ME pedals.
Quote by daryle_goh

if you're not familiar with using pedals, ....

i think i'd suggest the individual pedals. but still, one pedal at a time does it best.

don't buy them all at one go.

I either get them or I dont.

Birthday

Quote by Shabadoo

FYI though, if you're deadset on the X3, I have one and I love it (not a live though, just an X3). It offers a great deal of tonal control and some really nice tones for a good price, it will never sound exactly like a Powerball or a Plexi but it can pull off some nice sounds in the same realm as them. Plus I love making wacky ass synth tones on ME pedals.

Thats re-assuring

Thanks. (No sarcasm)

And guys if I come off as a little rude or something, im really sorry, I dont mean to. Im really tired

Either way, suggestions then, if my current ones arent good enough?

Stay within 600$ please.

bajaao.com

That site will give you pretty much what the prices will be in INR, and I have 30000 INR to spend.
Last edited by luv090909 at Oct 28, 2009,
If you dont need the preamp/amp modeling part of the X3, Id suggest looking into the M13. It has at least most of the effects of the X3, but without the amp modeling
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
If you dont need the preamp/amp modeling part of the X3, Id suggest looking into the M13. It has at least most of the effects of the X3, but without the amp modeling

Nah, if im getting a MFX, id rather have the modelling.
Take the X3 live. I have a XT and love it. If you sing, it is an extra bonus cause you can run a mic and guitar our of it at the same time! Great sound and portability. Very convenient. Plus you can hook it up to your computer and have access to 1000s of tones people have uploaded. Oh yea, and it can act as a recording interface for vocals/guitar.
Quote by Nate.K
Take the X3 live. I have a XT and love it. If you sing, it is an extra bonus cause you can run a mic and guitar our of it at the same time! Great sound and portability. Very convenient. Plus you can hook it up to your computer and have access to 1000s of tones people have uploaded. Oh yea, and it can act as a recording interface for vocals/guitar.

Thats the reason ive been wanting to get one

Just that a couple of friends who had been gigging for quite some time asked me to go analog, and I have yet to see a non boss or t rex single pedal here.

Just realised i used the term analog again.

Anyone wanna tell me what analog actually is?
Last edited by luv090909 at Oct 29, 2009,