Hey

I play everything i can and I would rather get amazing cleans and use pedals for everything else. Budget around 1000€ and what i could find (Portugal, things are quite expensive but i could also order from Musicstore or Thomman from Germany) are these:

- Vox AC30
- Engl Screamer 50
- (used) Framus Dragon with 2X12
- Fender 59 Bassman

I also liked a marshall, dont remember the model and orange. I try to stay away from behringer (bad experiences).

I dont care about the size, and for gigs i can always mic the amp.

Any other advise on a nice clean tone? I had an orange but also let me down on reliability and the cleans were not the "best" at least compared to those above.

Thanks for any help possible.
Quote by Wiintruder
Hey

I play everything i can and I would rather get amazing cleans and use pedals for everything else. Budget around 1000€ and what i could find (Portugal, things are quite expensive but i could also order from Musicstore or Thomman from Germany) are these:

- Vox AC30
- Engl Screamer 50
- (used) Framus Dragon with 2X12
- Fender 59 Bassman

I also liked a marshall, dont remember the model and orange. I try to stay away from behringer (bad experiences).

I dont care about the size, and for gigs i can always mic the amp.

Any other advise on a nice clean tone? I had an orange but also let me down on reliability and the cleans were not the "best" at least compared to those above.

Thanks for any help possible.

For cleans, out of those amps I'd go with either the AC30 or the Bassman. It depends on if you want British cleans or American?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
you should look into mesa-boogie amps best cleans ive ever heard form a non boutique amp you should check out the mesa stilleto
"Remember folks, it's all bull****. It's all bull**** and it's bad for ya." ~ George Carlin.
RIP
"The last real man in showbiz"
Mesa is a little over my budget so i didnt even bother putting them on the list
ill see if there is a mesa used but doubt it in this country.

More american than british but cant the AC30 do both? dont know, didnt play around much with it.
Really depends of the kind of cleans you want.
I've heard and seen good things on the framus thought. I must admit that I have a personnal preference for that amp. Althought it is a bit expensive, it's worth the money IMO.
The cleans are fantastic and distortion is really nice. Best of both worlds.

Maybe you'll like to check these vids,

Clean channel

Drive channel

The guy's talking a lot but you can get a little idea of the amp.

Guitars: Carvin Dc127
Amps: Peavey 6505+ head
Marshall 1960A cab
Roland cube 15
Effects:
BOSS NS-2
INHALED
Quote by TarZz
Really depends of the kind of cleans you want.
I've heard and seen good things on the framus thought. I must admit that I have a personnal preference for that amp. Althought it is a bit expensive, it's worth the money IMO.
The cleans are fantastic and distortion is really nice. Best of both worlds.

Maybe you'll like to check these vids,

Clean channel

Drive channel

The guy's talking a lot but you can get a little idea of the amp.

Those videos are the reason I included the Framus on the list...I loved the clean sound and the distortion is nice but not one of the best (compared to engl anyway). But ur right is an amazing piece of equipment