I might be getting a 1982 Gibson SG Deluxe in a trade deal soon and I tried to find some infomation about the gutiar but I couldnt find anything on a 1982 Deluxe SG. Does anybody have any info about this guitar? Luiek whats the price for one on the market right now in case I want to turn around and sell it?

Thanks,
Tom
GUITARS
2008 Agile Intrepid Dual
2008 Jackson COW7
2008 Ibanez S7320
2008 PRS Single Cut SE
2007 ESP LTD EC-1000 SC
2007 Parker PM-20
1999 Ibanez S470
AMPS
Line 6 HD147
CABINETS
Line 6 Spider II 4X12
I never heard of a DeLuxe in the eighties but I had a '71 model. Medium neck, controls on a plate instead of through the body. I got 1100 euro for mine in quite nice condition, all original, with a Bigsby. That was about 5 years ago so maybe a bit more now.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by sashki

i really wish people would check whether the links they provide actually lead to any info the threadstarter is looking for, BEFORE they post the link and say nothing else. I searched "1982 SG deluxe" on that site and got 1 link which wasn't very relevant. why didn't you?

anyway, my advice would be to try before you buy regardless of what it is. and then, if you like it, only buy it if the seller is not asking more than you're willing to pay for it - you'll know how much its worth to you when you play it. I dunno if you're UK based but really it's only gonna be worth about £700 max over here, i've also heard bad things about late norlin-era gibsons so i can't really recommend it, or steer you clear of it.. i just don't know lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I'm in the US by the way. I'm trading him a 4x12 crate cabinet and a Kramer Focus 3000. I think maybe hes wrong abouit it being a Deluxe but we'll see when he brings it into work tomorrow for me to look at.
GUITARS
2008 Agile Intrepid Dual
2008 Jackson COW7
2008 Ibanez S7320
2008 PRS Single Cut SE
2007 ESP LTD EC-1000 SC
2007 Parker PM-20
1999 Ibanez S470
AMPS
Line 6 HD147
CABINETS
Line 6 Spider II 4X12
Quote by Blompcube
i really wish people would check whether the links they provide actually lead to any info the threadstarter is looking for, BEFORE they post the link and say nothing else. I searched "1982 SG deluxe" on that site and got 1 link which wasn't very relevant. why didn't you?

anyway, my advice would be to try before you buy regardless of what it is. and then, if you like it, only buy it if the seller is not asking more than you're willing to pay for it - you'll know how much its worth to you when you play it. I dunno if you're UK based but really it's only gonna be worth about £700 max over here, i've also heard bad things about late norlin-era gibsons so i can't really recommend it, or steer you clear of it.. i just don't know lol.

http://everythingsg.com/index.php/deluxe.html
Quote by Parlow

I think that's a different thing, looks like a post-norlin model. The guitar he's looking at is more likely one of these:

I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.