Hey UG

So a few days ago I was at grandmas playing on my little Marshall micro stack, on my crappy squire guitar, it didnt sound that bad. But when i play with it on my LTD alexi 200, at home when i cant go too loud it sounds like absolute crap. Too trebly, and just plain shi-te.

Anyone know a reason for this??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
It could just be the amps don't match! The LTD has a basswood body - this will sound a lot like Alder, which is a bright wood with a lot of bite. The neck is maple, which is also very bright. I've never tried the Marshall micro stack, but being a small SS, its probably quite harsh and boxy. It's possible that just gives too much attack and brightness, and this combined with the EMGs will give you an even poorer tone. TBH, amps make a lot more difference in tone than guitars, and until you get a new amp (like the HT-5 in your sig) the only real difference you'll hear between the two is the pickups.
Crappy guitar and good amp > good guitar and crap amp
COLORS!

OMG

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Also, people who wear Monster swag are automatically douches.
I think your right, thanks man.

Actually my HT-5 did arrive, I just haven't gotten around to doing a NAD. Maybe this weekend.
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
microstack is solid state and emgs (or any super high output pickups) dont play well with solid states.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
i play bass, but i found that i can make even a squire bass sound DECENT when i run it through a awesome amp.

likewise, my ibanez SRX sounds like crap on my crate practice amp that i got for $50.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
microstack is solid state and emgs (or any super high output pickups) dont play well with solid states.

No Alexi model has Active pickups. Not all EMG's are High out-put. Plus, I'm pretty sure the Alexi-200 has stock ESP pickups.
yeah, a nice amp will do more for your tone than a nice guitar played through a shitty amp.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by consecutive e
No Alexi model has Active pickups. Not all EMG's are High out-put. Plus, I'm pretty sure the Alexi-200 has stock ESP pickups.

haha fail - EMGs are metal pups. They are designed to be high output, and the Alexi 200 has an ESP copy of an EMG - I think its an '81 copy but I could be wrong.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
haha fail - EMGs are metal pups. They are designed to be high output, and the Alexi 200 has an ESP copy of an EMG - I think its an '81 copy but I could be wrong.

All EMG's aren't high output. The active series is, but they make plenty non-active pickups, that aren't super high output.
Quote by Matt420740
All EMG's aren't high output. The active series is, but they make plenty non-active pickups, that aren't super high output.

active or not, high output pickups dont mix well with solid states, and whatever it is in ur alexi, its going to be high output.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC