I've been googling and shit for ages and its really bugging me.

All I need is a program which can take a MIDI file with drums on it, and play it back with relatively good samples or custom samples.

I just need it for some quick tracks and the Guitar Pro drums just dont cut it. (and I don't have the RSE packs either)

I presume there are loads of these programs, but I only found a few and they didn't take MIDI, maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing?

I don't own anything capable of VSTI? plugins, so it will need to be standalone.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Ull need a sequencer like cubase, acid etc and thena vst plug in like Dfx Drums from hell...you can get these things for free if u look...but of course ull be buying them :p
well, that said, i have tried that before, but its never ended out well.
and I've never seen any good Ezdrummer torrents either.
You haven't looked and/or tweaked hard enough..

I get fantastic results by importing MIDIs into Cubase and using Superior Drummer.
i shall try this then... which version of cubase could anybody suggest for me to buy?
i remembered buying one which needed some damn usb dongle, and i had so look at a disturbing pic of an asian with a usb as a dick.... im not prepared to do that again
Quote by Bigaxmax
i shall try this then... which version of cubase could anybody suggest for me to buy?
i remembered buying one which needed some damn usb dongle, and i had so look at a disturbing pic of an asian with a usb as a dick.... im not prepared to do that again

Haha.. Cubase is extremely expensive..

Just get SX3 from a torrent, the asian dongle-dick guy isn't something you HAVE to look at..
xD it was hilarious though

and thanks man, can you suggest any other drum VSTs? because theres 7 seeders and over 100 leechers on a 40GB torrent for superior drummer and i havent got all year
I would be so greatful if somebody could point out which one of these i would need if all i have is cubase? I remember trying this before and i couldnt tell.

http://btjunkie.org/search?q=ezdrummer

Thankyou!

Edit:
Ideally id just like the drumkit from hell, but im not 100% sure what i should 'buy'.
Last edited by Bigaxmax at Oct 28, 2009,
I've downloaded the DFH pack.

I thought it might have come with the download but it didnt.

Where can I find Ezdrummer for download!? Its crazy you can get all the packs but nothing to use them with...