Page 1 of 3
For a halloween party on Friday, 2 of my friends/bandmates are dressing up as Hitler and a Klansman. I find this offensive and in bad taste. They defend it as being a cheap costume idea, and "Cartman did it...".
Having grown up around racism, I've become extremely sensitive to any kind of bigotry, so I may be overreacting. They aren't racist (we have many black friends, and one of said friends is Italian) but will go around calling each other cracker, ******, jew, etc.
Should I be pissed at them pit? Where should the line be drawn?
We should make fun of, and laugh about these sort of things, by fearing, and turning away from them, we're only giving them more power.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick
We should make fun of, and laugh about these sort of things, by fearing, and turning away from them, we're only giving them more power.

This is true to an extent.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Don't let them piss you off, it is what they want to do. Also call the cops on the klansguy
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Using 'cartman did it...' as a reason or valid excuse to do so obviously indicates the intelligence your 2 friends contain.

Also know that Hitler was a gay painter. All will be well.

Seriousness now. Offensive material is to be expected at halloween parties. I found the hitler costume was a little over the top.... but what can you do. Just take a picture of it and the Pit will shoop for you.
Quote by MightyAl
Go as Prince Harry.

❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

i think u shuld go as Jesus and hang with them that way you offend everyone
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Last edited by selkies at Oct 28, 2009,
I really can't see how this is offensive. Now, if he was screaming out how much he hates jews and stuff about the happenings around 1940's, THAT would be offensive. In my eyes he might aswell been dressed out to be Winston Churchill, he's dressing up as historical persons.

However, I clearly see how SOME people would get offended, but being a non-jew myself I would rather laugh at the costume as a joke rather than be offended that someone who's not a nazi dresses up like Hitler, a person that lived 70 YEARS AGO.

But sure, they would probably be charged with some kind of ethnic crime in a court of law.

EDIT: Yeah the klansman is gonna get gangraped
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
Last edited by vampt at Oct 28, 2009,
It's sounds a bit wrong :/

Although they might say they aren't racist their actions are coming across as.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I think you're over reacting. Bad.

Quote by Chrisiphone

Although they might say they aren't racist their actions are coming across as.

There actions do not come across as racist. If I decide to go to a party dressed as bacon, it doesn't mean I feel that I relate to bacon.
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by selkies
i think u shuld go as Jesus and hang with them that way you offend everyone

This, this and only this. Though of course black Jesus (which he would have been). So it'll seem like you're making a point.
IDK where you live, but I live in the California Bay Area. They'd wouldn't make it off their porch without getting jumped...

I have to agree with the guys above; they're gonna get their asses kicked, so bring a camera.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Depends where you are. If you're in America you'll probably get raped by big fat police men.

If you're in England, then nobody really gives a fllying fuck.
Although it's offensive, I still think you should take pictures and post them here.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
whatever, it's a Halloween costume. I think the Klansman is probably a worse idea in this case, but I'm sure tons of people go as Hitler. Personally, I think the only people who would get offended just want to draw attention to THEMSELVES, and probably just need to get the stick out of their ass and laugh a little.

It's like my Jewish uncle freaking out and leaving a ranch we were at because he saw a couple of swastikas in the art on the tables/chairs of the dining area. It was a ****ing ancient symbol, we were at a freaking old Navajo reservation! Everything in there was so ancient, completely irrelevant to the Nazis. But whatever you have to do for attention I guess.
Last edited by Bristlehead at Oct 28, 2009,
Pics or it didn't happen. . . .

And I'd say that they can dress up as whatever they want.
The playground of the world
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I think you're over reacting. Bad.

There actions do not come across as racist. If I decide to go to a party dressed as bacon, it doesn't mean I feel that I relate to bacon.

but if the party has black people there will they be offended? Sure they will be.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
sounds like someone is butthurt
"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

Quote by FunkyFire
For a halloween party on Friday, 2 of my friends/bandmates are dressing up as Hitler and a Klansman. I find this offensive and in bad taste. They defend it as being a cheap costume idea, and "Cartman did it...".
Having grown up around racism, I've become extremely sensitive to any kind of bigotry, so I may be overreacting. They aren't racist (we have many black friends, and one of said friends is Italian) but will go around calling each other cracker, ******, jew, etc.
Should I be pissed at them pit? Where should the line be drawn?

In my opinion no. But presuming your mates are american I wouldent advise dressing up as klansman or nazis. I suppose if your black friends are cool with it there shouldent be a problem.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
The Klansman can just say he's a big scary ghost.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

I would consider doing it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I don't see what the big deal is.
It's not like they're wearing them on 'dress up as your heroes/generally awesome people' night.
It's halloween. People over reacting like this makes the whole nazi/KKK thing seem like it has more power than it does IMO.

The KKK thing might be pushing it, but still.
Last edited by i am iron man at Oct 28, 2009,
Everything is racist nowadays. Black. OLOLOL RACIST.

I mean wtf.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Blacks can't pull the race card any longer we have a half black president now LOL.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
I think you should tempt them into a costume change... After all it's halloween.
Both costume idea's are not really scary to be honest in this day-an-age.

After all if you get all the band to dress up as the same 'idea' it could work better...
Plus they'd be more of a band bonding thing going on...

An example 'Ghost Busters' There'd be at least four!?

Yes... a slightly cack answer but it's not throwing it in their face, just gives them a reason to change! See my point...

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad.
Page 1 of 3