Here is the info on my amp:

B-52 AT 112

Pics and info on preamps:

>>>THIS IS THE LINK<<<

^Look at post 57 there^

The first tube in the series (the one on the right of the flipped pic) is microphonic, the rest are fine. hte power tubes are fine, i only know that that one preamp is clearly microphonic. Also, my amp volume is gradually getting lower.

Should I just replace that one preamp or go ahead and replace all of them?

My budget is 100$ tops

if so, im looking for a tight tone

thanks

gpowsang
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
Last edited by gpowsang at Oct 29, 2009,
43 views and no replies?!?

cmon guys! :P

gpowsang
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
AMP
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
I got a "page not found" thing when I clicked on your link.

I say if you have the money just go for a full retube and be done with it. Keep the old tubes, though, in case you:

1) Don't like the tone of the new tubes or you want to mix and match and experiment with tones

2) Something happens to one of your new tubes and you need a quick replacement until you can order/buy another one.
+1

I got a page not found too. What does your photo show you? You can't see a microphic tube usually...you hear it. If you have a volume loss that is a good indicator of a failing power tube. Could be something else

If you don't know what a capacitor is then take it to a tech.
im asking for suggestions based off my op.....

gpowsang
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
AMP
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
Quote by gpowsang
Here is the info on my amp:

B-52 AT 112

Pics and info on preamps:

>>>THIS IS THE LINK<<<

^Look at post 57 there^

The first tube in the series (the one on the right of the flipped pic) is microphonic, the rest are fine. hte power tubes are fine, i only know that that one preamp is clearly microphonic. Also, my amp volume is gradually getting lower.

Should I just replace that one preamp or go ahead and replace all of them?

My budget is 100$ tops

if so, im looking for a tight tone

thanks

gpowsang

OK, unless this is some kind of psychological loop-hole your question asks about a possible microphonic preamp tube but your link there takes me to a thread that we participated in back in May.

I guess we are not clicking here so good luck with your issue....
im just looking for suggestions as what to get based off my OP

gpowsang
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
AMP
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
OK. Well, depending on where you live I'll give you these suggestions. Colin or someone please chime in.

I would think a Sovtek or JJ or Tungsol would work well.

you can get 3 or 4 preamp tubes for maybe from 40 to 80 bucks. I can maybe recommend some places to buy from if you give me a continent. You don't need to replace all of them at once. If your power tubes (or any tube) gets real bright then turn your amp off and take note. Same with a massive volume drop or cracking sounds. word.
I live in florida
thanks
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
AMP
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
Since its B-52 I'm assuming that you play higher gain stuff.

Either a JJ or a Tungsol would be great (I've actually never tried a Sovtek). From my experience JJ's tend to be a tad darker and Tungsols tend to be a hair harsher sounding.

Like 311 said, you don't need to replace them all at once if you don't want to. I personally replace all of my preamp tubes at the same time just because I'm weird like that lol.

If you're interested in doing a full re-tube head over to www.eurotubes.com - they list full re-tube packs for most major amp companies/models (they sell strictly JJs and NOS tubes). If you have any questions send them an e-mail and someone will answer you within a day or so. They are all very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable people so don't be afraid to ask anything.

Another good site to shop for tubes would be www.tubedepot.com - I've never personally purchased anything from them but I've heard nothing but great reviews from other UG members.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
eurotubes is great for learning some stuff and buying JJ's but that is all they sell. Otherwise + 311.

Will

tubedepot and dougstubes are far better places to get tubes from. Ask them and then ask us? K?

+1

Just wanted to throw this in too. I sent an e-mail to eurotubes once asking something about my amp which I couldn't find anywhere else (don't remember what the question was now, though - something tube related) and the next day they e-mailed me back and answered my question - they actually took the time to do some research on my amp and got my question answered right away.

Like I said, don't be afraid to ask them something, they're great people.