Bet the title got you're attention didn't it?

Anyways, I took my guitar to the shop because the jack thingy was buggered, because one of the wires looked snapped or something, so it wouldn't play through an amp.

Is this a simple solder job? Or just a simple job altogether? IF it is, I'm not too bothered, but if he said it was proper ****ed up from the inside it would cost loads. Minimum cost is £15, so if it is simple how much do you think he'd reasonably charge me?

(Richards guitars in leamington, the main supplier for Cort in the UK methinks)
Moral of the story :
Jack off with ur hand and DONT SHOVE UR NOB UP THE INPUT ON UR GUITAR.
same thing happened to me, i just soldered it myself and it worked fine. easy fix
Happened to me and they repaired it for free?
Go back to the shop you bought it from and ask there saying that you bought it there, might be some kinda discount ?
It is only a simple soldering job, and if there is access from the back of the guitar, which im assuming there is, its a simple job.
Its always best to get it done professionally if you're not sure though, and I think you'll agree that 15 quid isn't much to fix your guitar when you want it so badly?

TL;DR Easily fixed, solder job.
ಠ_ಠ
What is a wimp like you doing in a place like this?
Quote by robl95
Happened to me and they repaired it for free?
Go back to the shop you bought it from and ask there saying that you bought it there, might be some kinda discount ?
It is only a simple soldering job, and if there is access from the back of the guitar, which im assuming there is, its a simple job.
Its always best to get it done professionally if you're not sure though, and I think you'll agree that 15 quid isn't much to fix your guitar when you want it so badly?

TL;DR Easily fixed, solder job.

Yeah, I think it was because I didn't want to **** it up if I did it myself, but just thinking it can't be anything more seriosu than a simple solder job can it?
15 quid is the going rate for a small rewire, but for a jack re-solder, if he's an honest guy, a fiver.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Quote by richard_edwards
15 quid is the going rate for a small rewire, but for a jack re-solder, if he's an honest guy, a fiver.

Ah.

Well, lesson learnt I guess. Although he does charge £15 minimum for anything

Oh well.
it`s a simple job once you know how to solder literally takes 5 minutes.

i could be as perverse as you and say "get someone else to do it for you".

ground goes to innermost lug.

soldering iron is $15 US. instructions on the pack.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Depends on your guitar too. If it's a Strat it's even easier to see/reach. Take off strings, unscrew pickguard, lolsold, put pickguard back on, restring, done
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW