Hey guys, I just recorded and posted a new funk tune you guys might like. It's called Cruise Control, and I'm really proud of the solo. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Baroque_and_Rol/music/all/play724716
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Last edited by Baroque_and_Rol at Oct 28, 2009,
I like the beat behind it, but it does get a little repetitive. I also feel like the tone of the guitar kinda clashed with the funk keyboard tone. Overall, not really my kind of music, but it sounds really well put together and produced. What program did you use to sequence the beats and stuff?
Not my band, but something you should definitely listen to:
Toast Machine
It was all Garageband. Yeah, I'm still a little iffy about the way things sound at the D7b9 section. Thanks for the comments.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

Repetitive indeed but funk is repetitive by nature. I think that the added synth that doubles the main riff is kind of redundant; another line would probably have added interest. The second section was nice, almost Vai-esque in the harmonies somehow. Overall I think the attempts at variation were a little random (the changes in drum beat for instance). It sounds a bit like someone just getting to grips with the program and trying everything. I liked your other stuff better. "54" reminded me of the 'naive electronica' I do under the name Das Fark.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Haha, well, I am still trying to get to grips with Garageband, and Vai was a huge influence on the b section, so you nailed that part.
Quote by bearded_monkey

sounds cool. its a little repetitive, but thats ok, most songs are.

i agree that the change of the drum beat is a little awkward. if you want some variation try changing the chord progression or something like that.

the second section was the nicest sounding part
cruise control is a very fitting name for this tune. nice relaxed feel throughout and i like the solos too. 1:08-1:42 is my favorite part. maybe a little long but i understand this isnt necessarily the final cut. good job!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab