Page 1 of 3
are there any bands that you think are great, but their lyrics leave much to be desired. either theyre cheesy, theyre outta place, or they just plain suck?

i like the bands Kamelot, Stratovarius, and Manowar for example. but theyre lyrics are so ridiculous.

the lyrics from "I Walk To My Own Song" kinda make me laugh, but not in a good way:
"I know your name it's called Mr.Mean
One thing i've learned you don't know beans"
"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

RHCP.

That is all.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Any metal about sorcerors, dragons, witches and/or wizardry.

EDIT:
The bands arn't even cool, nevermind.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I think most bands can have pretty bad lyrics at some point to be honest.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Vauxite
Any metal about sorcerors, dragons, witches and/or wizardry.

EDIT:
The bands arn't even cool, nevermind.

Rhapsody has the raunchiest lyrics ever! completely forgot about them but theyre pretty badass

...so are Blind Guardian, but again, all they sing about are bards, jrr tolkein, and swords and gay shiz like that

and power metal bands def need to work on their lyrics...except Sonata Arctica, because theyre stuff can be fun and epic

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

Some of Symphony X's lyrics are kind of cheesy
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Breaking Benjamin.

Every single person in that band plays his instrument fantastically, and Ben has an amazing voice, but his lyrics are so disconnected. No two lines even sound like they're about the same thing. It almost seems like he just took two lines that sounded cool and made them rhyme.
Most of Rush, in my opinion. Guess all the skill went into drumming, Neil-boy...
There are exceptions, of course, but those sci-fi lyrics? Naaah.
Quote by jetfuel495

...holy **** the biggest ****ing golf cart ever just rolled past my backyard... i **** u not
Well there a lot of bands....Ramones don't make sense...i can't think of much at the moment but theres plenty.
Quote by Motu
Most of Rush, in my opinion. Guess all the skill went into drumming, Neil-boy...

What about Resist!? Freewill!? Closer to the Heart?! Tom Sawyer? Limelight!? :O
They most of their lyrics, and all of their best lyrics, aren't Sci-Fi

But I agree, ott Sci-fi lyrics do get a bit annyoing.
Muse.
Muse.
Muse.
Muse.
Muse.
Muse.

We all know the truth is important, but Matt Bellamy should seriously stop singing about it.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Some of Dethklok's best songs have terrible lyrics. I think Thunderhorse just has 'thunder' 'horse' and 'revenge' repeated at different times throughout.
Quote by Papercut...
Some of Dethklok's best songs have terrible lyrics. I think Thunderhorse just has 'thunder' 'horse' and 'revenge' repeated at different times throughout.

sorry to break this to you but Dethklok is a cartoon band from a cartoon. you know, like "haha" not serious cartoon?

Last edited by Absinthe750mL at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by benonbass1
What about Resist!? Freewill!? Closer to the Heart?! Tom Sawyer? Limelight!? :O
They most of their lyrics, and all of their best lyrics, aren't Sci-Fi

But I agree, ott Sci-fi lyrics do get a bit annyoing.

I said that there are exceptions. And the exceptions seem to be the best songs they have made...hmm...
Quote by jetfuel495

...holy **** the biggest ****ing golf cart ever just rolled past my backyard... i **** u not
Megadeth-Sweating Bullets.

"Spiralling to the ground below
Like Autumn leaves left in the wake to fade away"
Dethklok
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Muse.
Muse.
Muse.
Muse.
Muse.
Muse.

We all know the truth is important, but Matt Bellamy should seriously stop singing about it.

he doesn't sing about "truth" all the time, so I don't know what you're going on about, but on the topic of Muse "Stretch it like it's a birth squeeze" probably isn't the most artistic lyric, but Newborn is still awesome regardless.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
I'm upset by the lack of Rush approval

And Dream Theater's lyrics often leave a lot to be desired... and although I absolutely love Iron Maiden they have a few songs that just have the worst lyrics ever... in "Quest for Fire" the opening line is: "In a time, when dinosaurs walk the earth"
Makes me embarassed.
The playground of the world
Quote by Eddie4President
I'm upset by the lack of Rush approval

And Dream Theater's lyrics often leave a lot to be desired... and although I absolutely love Iron Maiden they have a few songs that just have the worst lyrics ever... in "Quest for Fire" the opening line is: "In a time, when dinosaurs walk the earth"
Makes me embarassed.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Rush, but only because I rarely listen to the lyrics. The are exquisite musically, but if once in a while I force myself to pay attention to the lyrics and Geddy is singing something about Giant Space-Rats on Mars playing Cygnus-Blorg Poker*, then...just no

*May not originate from an actual Rush song
Quote by jetfuel495

What, no one wants to make a smarmy comment on my Scale the Summit post?
I'm hurt. :'(
Quote by daytripper75
Rammstein

I love them, but a lot of their lyrics are pretty bad.

See, I don't speak German, so I'm fine with that.

Anyways, I'm going to have to go with Iron Maiden

Or some Incubus songs, especially some from Make Yourself, like "Out From Under":

"To resist is to piss in the wind
Anyone who does will end up smelling"

Really Incubus? REALLY?
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by ctb
Funeral For A Friend

Bad lyrics? What?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Oh daytripper, google translate "Mutter" and prepare to shit bricks.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Adam124
Bad lyrics? What?
Ahh, their old stuff was great. The lyrics to "History" don't make any sense to me.
Quote by crazy8rgood
See, I don't speak German, so I'm fine with that.

Anyways, I'm going to have to go with Iron Maiden or some Incubus songs.

I only know some German. I've read the translations though and most are pretty bad. But just listening to the lyrics for the dimension they add to the song is fine.
Quote by Motu
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Rush, but only because I rarely listen to the lyrics. The are exquisite musically, but if once in a while I force myself to pay attention to the lyrics and Geddy is singing something about Giant Space-Rats on Mars playing Cygnus-Blorg Poker*, then...just no

*May not originate from an actual Rush song

Yeah some of that stuff is a little ridiculous but I also think it's part of their trippy persona as well.
The playground of the world
Quote by daytripper75
Rammstein

I love them, but a lot of their lyrics are pretty bad.

so, so , so true. all you have to do is google their lyrics and prepare to enter WTF-town. "Tier" "Mann Gegen Mann" "Buck Dich"...not only are the lyrics terrible, theyre also ****ed up.

the worst lyrics ever would probably have to be "Du Hast" - "You...You have...You have me..."

Quote by Motu

Take it back. Right now!

Rush are perfect in every way, lyrics included.
Quote by Absinthe750mL
so, so , so true. all you have to do is google their lyrics and prepare to enter WTF-town. "Tier" "Mann Gegen Mann" "Buck Dich"...not only are the lyrics terrible, theyre also ****ed up.

the worst lyrics ever would probably have to be "Du Hast" - "You...You have...You have me..."

The line you have doesn't work in english, but du hast does work in german. Translations don't give a good idea about how good the lyrics are.

Besides, the chorus to "Pussy" is hillarious.
Page 1 of 3