Page 1 of 2
Edit - 30/10/09

For the full story please read right through to the end. And please note that Thomann did sort this out completely within 24hours.

Not really a horror story at all, to be fair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is worth noting, however, that you should always look out for price jumps when ordering stuff online.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already put this in the pit, under another thread started by somebody else, but I spend almost all of my time in here and wanted to let you guys know about the bloody trouble I'm having. I urge you all to never deal with these people. Plus, it's gear related.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ordered a Handsome Devil combo from thomann yesterday.

I know all the stuff I was saying about an ac4tv, but I'm heading into the studio in about three weeks and needed a nice sounding amp for distortions, so I couldn't wait til xmas for the vox.

Placed the order yesterday when the price listed on the irish store page was €349. Got an email today saying that they had recieved my order for a Blackheart amp for €389!

wtf?

The price went up by €40 overnight and despite the fact that I had ordered the amp at a certain price they insisted that I would have to pay the full €389.

I was told I had made a mistake in thinking the price was so low. I had apparently "obviously" been looking at the english ordering page. I asked if my card gad been charged. I ws told that it had been (at the full €389) and that the amp was boxed and waiting to be shipped tomorrow.

I then got an email to say that my card wouldn't process and could I rin them immediately. I, in my infinite wisdom, had put only the exact amount needed - €349 - on the card, so they couldn't charge the full €389.

A few phone calls later and I got someone who saw sense, agreed that the price had been raised since yesterday, and agreed that I should only have to pay the €349. Said they'd have to check with a colleague. They were supposed to ring me. Haven't heard anything back and it's been about four hours. I think they're closed for the night now.

I've no idea if I am being charged €349 or €389, or if my order is even being processed anymore. Basically, I'm pissed off. I've gotten stuff from musicstore.de (exactly the same type of german online store under a different brand name) and have never had an ounce of trouble with processing or delivery.

This was my first time dealing with thomann and I'm completely sickened by their attempts to not only pull one over on me, but to lie blatantly to me and even suggest that I was so moronic as not to be able to click on my own country's flag on their homepage. It's downright evil.

Show me an irishman who accidently clicks the union jack instead of the tricolour and I'll show you a flying pink cocker spaniel.

========================================

On the plus side - can't wait to get the amp, whenever it arrives and whatever I pay for it.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Last edited by gerardwayne at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by nightraven
i dunno - it sounds exactly like you went to the wrong country by accident. i've never had problems with thomann and i doubt they'd shoot the prices up like that overnight.

One of their reps admitted it had gone up. Went up on musicstore too from 379 to 399. It's all a bit fishy.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
that sucks.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dude, chill out. I see no big deal here... Its been under 24 hours, you're lucky you've even talked to them so much already. I would be willing to bet they straighten it all out, you just have to give them time.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
the price of gear is changing all the time, but there seems to be a mistake somewhere all i can say is try them again tommorow.
Quote by tubetime86
Dude, chill out. I see no big deal here... Its been under 24 hours, you're lucky you've even talked to them so much already. I would be willing to bet they straighten it all out, you just have to give them time.

Time is money, and I'm ****in' broke now...
Gear:

Never had problems with Thomann. I'm sure they'll sort things out
WTLTL 2011
Quote by gerardwayne
Time is money, and I'm ****in' broke now...

How are you losing money by giving them a day to sort it out? Just relax, you are really making a mountain out of a mole hill.

When I order stuff off the internet, half the time I don't even get the confirmation of the order for a few hours, then it usually takes 12 hours or so for them to process the order and get ready to ship... You are complaining about an order before they even have had a chance to make much sense of it. Just relax, they will take care of you... You just need to give them some time. Just keep in mind, this order is very important to you, and they know that, but they are receiving hundreds of orders a day... It takes time to sort that mess out.

I'd be willing to bet if you complain enough they'll discount the price even more for the confusion, but I really don't think you should get so uptight about a little mix up that they are trying to help you with.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Maybe I'm just an impatient man. If all gets sorted and the amp arrives in good condition, with swift delivery, and with a nice letter of apology, I'll certainly consider posting a retractment.
Gear:

Quote by gerardwayne
Maybe I'm just an impatient man. If all gets sorted and the amp arrives in good condition, with swift delivery, and with a nice letter of apology, I'll certainly consider posting a retractment.

Haha, I say all that because I am a very impatient person. Like I said before though you have to realize that how important it seems to you is not how important it is to a big ass company like them. That's not a bad thing, they will take care of you, you just can't expect them to treat you like you are their only customer...

Like I said before; from what I've heard of them, you WILL be satisfied when its all said and done, just be patient.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I agree. This is a mountain over a mole hill. Be lucky you got a call. There are laws, at least in my country, where things like 'bait and switch' are illegal. If the price went up before someone got your order - things like this can happen.

And to say that you will retract your statements after you get a letter of apology and an unscratched box is absurd. Thomann doesn't control the shipping. Give these folks at Thomann a chance and if it is not rectified in say 1 month, then maybe you've got something to bitch about.

Basically you just trashing a well respected outfit over your 1 little issue. Some noob may only read your thread title and think they should never deal with Thomann. I'd delete this thread if I were you.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I agree. This is a mountain over a mole hill. Be lucky you got a call. There are laws, at least in my country, where things like 'bait and switch' are illegal. If the price went up before someone got your order - things like this can happen.

And to say that you will retract your statements after you get a letter of apology and an unscratched box is absurd. Thomann doesn't control the shipping. Give these folks at Thomann a chance and if it is not rectified in say 1 month, then maybe you've got something to bitch about.

Basically you just trashing a well respected outfit over your 1 little issue. Some noob may only read your thread title and think they should never deal with Thomann. I'd delete this thread if I were you.

Ya the term 'horror story' is a laughable exaggeration.

This is why people complain about internet reviews... You got all hot and bothered within a day of the issue and came here and posted, and now they'll call you tomorrow and straighten things out, but you'll be too busy/lazy/apathetic to come here and clear the record.

Not that you would do that, but many do.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
When I saw Horror story, I thought it would be like they had ripped you off totaly or chipped a damaged product and didn't answer your calls, or a story like that. But man, i you call that an horror story, geez you must wet your pants big time whe you see an horror movie!
Like seriously, they haven't answered you for only a few hours damnit, be patient, things will be sorted out.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

The lack of a sense of humour is making me think you may be German.

Obviously I'll retract the statements once I get the amp and it works. "Horror Story" in the thread may be a bit misleading, I'll give you that, but unless you actually work for thomann, what the hell are you defending them for? They tried to rip me off (accidentally or not I'll never know), and basically called me a liar and a fool when I called them up on it.

Plus I don't care what the hell goes on in "your country," but where I come from if you see a product displayed at one price and try to buy it while it is still listed at that price, then you get it at that price. Not the price that the store decides to raise it to after you've already ordered the fupping thing.
Gear:

Quote by tubetime86
Ya the term 'horror story' is a laughable exaggeration.

This is why people complain about internet reviews... You got all hot and bothered within a day of the issue and came here and posted, and now they'll call you tomorrow and straighten things out, but you'll be too busy/lazy/apathetic to come here and clear the record.

Not that you would do that, but many do.

I assure you I'll be back to let you all know what happens one way or the other.
Gear:

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with 311. It's been only 24 hours! I'm sure Thomann will sort it out.

I really hope they do. Even at €389 (shipping included) the amp is the cheapest I can find it online. They always have some great offers and I hope that I'll be able to continue to shop with them. If this does BECOME a horror story, I won't ever be doing that again.

I'll wait it out and see what happens.
Gear:

Quote by gerardwayne

Obviously I'll retract the statements once I get the amp and it works. "Horror Story" in the thread may be a bit misleading, I'll give you that, but unless you actually work for thomann, what the hell are you defending them for? They tried to rip me off (accidentally or not I'll never know), and basically called me a liar and a fool when I called them up on it.

Plus I don't care what the hell goes on in "your country," but where I come from if you see a product displayed at one price and try to buy it while it is still listed at that price, then you get it at that price. Not the price that the store decides to raise it to after you've already ordered the fupping thing.

Funny. I am part German and have a great sense of humor.

I don't work for Thomann. I will however defend a well respected company no matter who it is. I saw a person go through 3 EVH 5153's at $1900 a pop and even after the 4th one died he didn't come on here and bash Fender (which makes the 5153). Now that is a story that would deserve a hate thread like this one. Yes, in the United States the 'bait and switch' law protects consumers just as you identified.
did you actually read one of the statements? it went up in price in more places, I'd hardly call that trying to screw you over, more like bad timing on your part.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
did you actually read one of the statements? it went up in price in more places, I'd hardly call that trying to screw you over, more like bad timing on your part.

Did you READ ANY of the statements or even look to see who wrote them?

I said that. The problem is not that the price went up, but that I ordered it at one price, and they're now looking for another.
Gear:

Quote by gerardwayne
Did you READ ANY of the statements or even look to see who wrote them?

I said that. The problem is not that the price went up, but that I ordered it at one price, and they're now looking for another.

OK, calm down. They didn't try to rip you off. You submitted an order when it was one price, the order was processed the next day when it was a different price... I'd bet good money that's how it happened...

CHILL OUT, YOUR GONNA TO GET A HERNIA!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I tried changing the thread title to"Story about a small uninteresting problem with a Thomann delivery" but it only worked for the opening post. Can't say I didn't try to remove the Horror Story tag...
Gear:

Quote by tubetime86
OK, calm down. They didn't try to rip you off. You submitted an order when it was one price, the order was processed the next day when it was a different price... I'd bet good money that's how it happened...

CHILL OUT, YOUR GONNA TO GET A HERNIA!

Odd... I have one those.
Gear:

Look, I'm not trying to be a prick, I'm actually a nice guy - but as long as your thread is up people are going to see your thread title and then wonder what the big deal is - so just be patient with UG as people come in and have constructive or critical posts.
tubetime86, I'd say you're 100% right about what happened, but it still stands that they did try to convince me I was wrong and it took three phonecalls before anyone was hearing any of what I had to say. I'm gonna leave it now, until I get (or don't get) the amp.

Unless someone really gets my goat.
Gear:

Quote by gerardwayne
they did try to convince me I was wrong

They were just trying to make sure you were right. I mean, you work a Thoman and you get from random person saying that he saw the amp for cheaper the day before, well it's totally legit to be skeptical and to make sure you are not lying.
hey I'm german and funny.

oh noes... i am the unfortunate recipient of a life experience... oh noes...

suck it up, could have been worse. try ebay next time.
I've never once had a problem with Thomann. I've spent over €3000 there and they have always been nice (but I do contact the same guy). Some things have taken longer than others to ship out, and they may not respond to my emails as rapibly as I would of preferred, but they're only human. Companies aren't perfect. They make mistakes

I hate saying this, but get over it. I've had more problems with Music Store than Thomann, but I'm going on holiday to Koln to visit their store - what does that say? That I realise no company/shop can always provide the service that you expect, because everyones expectations differ from one to the next.
I don't really see what everyone's problem is. They took his payment for one amount, charged him another higher one hoping he wouldn't notice, then when he (rightly) complained, tried to tell him he was an idiot and couldn't click his own country's flag (and as he rightly said, an awful lot of irish people hate the union flag with a passion, so you can add cultural insensitivity to the list of wrongs). I'd be pissed, and rightly so. There's making honest mistakes, and then trying to pull a fast one and trying to cover your ass when you've been found out. This sounds much more like the latter.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 28, 2009,
All I have to say is unlucky. Prices go up quite a lot, and it may be that they hadn't updated.

I made the most of a situation similar to this. My guitar on DV247 was £450, whereas it was £610 everywhere else. I ordered it from DV247 and they charged £450 to my card instead of the £610 it was a few days later, so they probably realised. I feel like they went out their way to be awkward because I got the lower price, though. It took about a month to arrive, in the wrong colour, and said they'd be able to pick it up the next day but wouldn't be able to deliver the right colour for another month.

I don't like ordering online...
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I don't really see what everyone's problem is. They took his payment for one amount, charged him another higher one hoping he wouldn't notice, then when he (rightly) complained, tried to tell him he was an idiot and couldn't click his own country's flag (and as he rightly said, an awful lot of irish people hate the union flag with a passion, so you can add cultural insensitivity to the list of wrongs). I'd be pissed, and rightly so. There's making honest mistakes, and then trying to pull a fast one and trying to cover your ass when you've been found out. This sounds much more like the latter.

Quote by gerardwayne

I follow.
hey, i never said he wasn't being culturally insensitive either. But in his defence, he isn't running a business shipping stuff to germans, and when he tries to rip off his german customers, accuses them of not having a sense of humour because they're german.

Quote by gregs1020

suck it up, could have been worse.

suck it up? what are you, 6? Yeah, that'll fly in a court of law.

"yes, your honour, i did try to gip the plaintiff, but in my defence, he should probably just suck it up..."

"could have been worse"?

"yes, your honour, i did stab the guy, but it could have been worse, he didn't die"

\/ Yeah, i'd hope not.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc

I'm no Brit hating redneck, but thanks.
Gear:

Quote by Dave_Mc
hey, i never said he wasn't being culturally insensitive either. But in his defence, he isn't running a business shipping stuff to germans, and when he tries to rip off his german customers, accuses them of not having a sense of humour because they're german.

suck it up? what are you, 6? Yeah, that'll fly in a court of law.

"yes, your honour, i did try to gip the plaintiff, but in my defence, he should probably just suck it up..."

roflmao

you should meet my lawyer.
haha, i edited a bit more.

But touche on the lawyers
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

"yes, your honour, i did stab the guy, but it could have been worse, he didn't die"

so he get's attempted murder, and not murder in the first.

being in gear sales, this stuff happens all the time. stuff drops in price, stuff goes up, everyday. any decent gear sales person would make it right. thomann is a very respected company. hopefully some slimeball get's sacked over it so it doesn't happen to someone else. but I think the TS came across making more out of it than there is.
Quote by gregs1020
so he get's attempted murder, and not murder in the first.

being in gear sales, this stuff happens all the time. stuff drops in price, stuff goes up, everyday. any decent gear sales person would make it right. thomann is a very respected company. hopefully some slimeball get's sacked over it so it doesn't happen to someone else. but I think the TS came across making more out of it than there is.

Sorry. I have to jump in here...

Just to clarify, and in case anyone from Thomann reads the thread. I really hope nobody loses their job over this.
Gear:

Quote by Dave_Mc
That's a good point, actually. I still like to look at the brighter side of people and take it as a mistake, and not the secretive method behind Thomann.
Dave - I honestly doubt anyone at Thomann is purposely trying to swindle him out of 40 bucks. They are a mutli-million dollar operation. I also seriously doubt they called him a liar, idiot or moron to his face. If they did, then I'd have a beef with that. Also remember that customer service reps that man the phones are not always the brightest tubes in the amp of life so one poor experience with one person is not a reflection of all of Thomann.

And if someone had called me any of those names over the phone, I would expect them to be fired are severely reprimanded.

Page 1 of 2