8 27%
The Drop Off
6 20%
Make Believe
1 3%
And Ever
2 7%
Voters: 30.
Alright guys. Band Name thread is useless so I figured I'd bring it here.

Political Pop Punk, 4 person band ATM.

Sinking Nimitz

Greyscale

Air[wave] Resistance

The Drop Off

Make Believe

And Ever
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
Libertarian.

Although I'm more in the boat of, American government is so f*cking corrupt, we need a huge overhaul to make sure shit gets done. And the pigs currently in office would never let that happen

As fast as I pick it up,
Jetkeg.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I know that Make Believe is already a band....
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
I know that Make Believe is already a band....

Is it? I borrowed heavily from the Weezer album...

As fast as I pick it up,
it's a kinsella band if I'm not mistaken.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Greyscale (which I voted for) and Air[wave] Resistance seem to be the most appropriate names to me, as they're kind of "normal"-sounding without being overly generic (for example, Make Believe seems a bit forgettable and non-specific). Plus, they appear to fit the whole political punk classification a lot better than, say, Sinking Nimitz, which sounds like some kind of rap/nu-metal Limp Bizkit rip-off.

The brackets in Air[wave] Resistance remind me of the whole new wave of powerpop/electronica artists who are introducing punctuation in their names as gimmicks, so I'd be wary of that. You probably don't want to labelled as being reminiscent of nevershoutnever!, Panic! At The Disco, brokeNCYDE, Attack Attack!, etc., if you're forming a political punk band.
Quote by Copaman
Libertarian.

Although I'm more in the boat of, American government is so f*cking corrupt, we need a huge overhaul to make sure shit gets done. And the pigs currently in office would never let that happen

The Pre-Teen Angry Manifesto.

Or, just choose another Cap'n Jazz song.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by zephyrclaw

The brackets in Air[wave] Resistance remind me of the whole new wave of powerpop/electronica artists who are introducing punctuation in their names as gimmicks, so I'd be wary of that. You probably don't want to labelled as being reminiscent of nevershoutnever!, Panic! At The Disco, brokeNCYDE, Attack Attack!, etc., if you're forming a political punk band.

Air[wave] would be stylized more like... Air[wave] Where the [Wave] is actually subscripted.

===

As for preteen manifesto... It would be fitting if we were preteens. It would even be fitting if we were like, 14. But 17 and 18, and legitimately frustrated with the way things are being run here? There's a lot more to this than just "I'm a teenie bopper who wants to be cool, and I'm therefore going to attack the government, just leik rage AgAiSt the mAcHiNe!!!!11!! omgzzzzzzz"

As fast as I pick it up,
Quote by Copaman
Air[wave] would be stylized more like... Air[wave] Where the [Wave] is actually subscripted.

===

As for preteen manifesto... It would be fitting if we were preteens. It would even be fitting if we were like, 14. But 17 and 18, and legitimately frustrated with the way things are being run here? There's a lot more to this than just "I'm a teenie bopper who wants to be cool, and I'm therefore going to attack the government, just leik rage AgAiSt the mAcHiNe!!!!11!! omgzzzzzzz"

Yet you aren't old enough to realize how ridiculous having a gimmick in your band name is...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Yet you aren't old enough to realize how ridiculous having a gimmick in your band name is...

Would it please you if I simply typed it as Airwave Resistance? Because I'm sure I could arrange that if you so please.

The whole idea of the smaller, subscripted brackets is that it would read more like Air Resistance. Something insignificant and every day. An Airwave Resistance would be a resistance led through the radio: most certainly not an every day thing.

It's not like I come up with things without putting any thought into it at all...

As fast as I pick it up,
Quote by Copaman
Would it please you if I simply typed it as Airwave Resistance? Because I'm sure I could arrange that if you so please.

The whole idea of the smaller, subscripted brackets is that it would read more like Air Resistance. Something insignificant and every day. An Airwave Resistance would be a resistance led through the radio: most certainly not an every day thing.

It's not like I come up with things without putting any thought into it at all...

See, that was my only quibble: I thought it was like "yeah, let's mess around with a word's format so we'll be remembered!" If there's genuine meaning behind it, then that's great.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
^A local band in my town has that name!
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Green Day But With More Politics.
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

I would like Airwave Resistance if the 'wave' thing was just part of a logo.

Like on an album cover it would be stylized Airwave Resistance. That'd be pretty neat I guess. But actually typing it out with the brackets just seems stupid and quite a pain.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
The Boner Kings
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Generic!Pop[Punk]AbouTPolitic$
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
And Ever and Air[wave] Resistance are actually really good names.
We are NOT meaningless

Sole member of
Diction & Diaries: Folk Indie with passion

Guitarist/lyricist for:

A CITY SKYLINE

"
Quote by xUptoNoGoodx
politico and pop-punk dont work in the same sentence. sorry bro

Yes they do. Pop punk is a music genre whilst politico just indicates theres political connotations to the music in the lyrics.

You can have 'political' songs in any genre.
yeah, but most people will not take political pop punk songs seriously, seeing as most pop punk bands typically whine about girls, not the government and social issues.
punk stemmed mostly from old rock n roll and the garage rock and bubblegum pop bands from new york and detroit. none of them were really political, but noone gave the clash shit when they were writing political songs.

the thing to do is to make sure the songs come first, and write good lyrics too. not political for the sake of being political, or you might as just write some sort of column or blog. good political music can be made in just about any genre.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Air[wave] Resistance or The Drop Off are the ones that I could remember and say to my friends "Hey you should listen to this band, their name is..." blah you get the idea.

And about the genre and the lyrics. You can make House Music or Power Metal about your ****ing government.

The lyrics aren't attach to a specific genre you can sing about epic battles with punk/pop if that's what you want.
"Music is the art of thinking with sounds."
Quote by GasgGuitar
Air[wave] Resistance or The Drop Off are the ones that I could remember and say to my friends "Hey you should listen to this band, their name is..." blah you get the idea.

And about the genre and the lyrics. You can make House Music or Power Metal about your ****ing government.

The lyrics aren't attach to a specific genre you can sing about epic battles with punk/pop if that's what you want.

I wrote a hardcore punk song that's like 6 minutes long and the lyrics are basically a summary of the Cold War. And one that's a minute long about a robot and another robot fighting. Just giving an example of the fact that genres of music aren't usually attached to the lyrics.
Quote by GasgGuitar

I'm gonna do this.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by xUptoNoGoodx
yeah, but most people will not take political pop punk songs seriously, seeing as most pop punk bands typically whine about girls, not the government and social issues.

Tell that to anti-flag.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by nashawa
Quote by GasgGuitar
I'm gonna do this.

Lol. Well, when you're finish with that send it to me I want to check that out
"Music is the art of thinking with sounds."