sfaune92
Used Register
616 IQ
This is some kind of a song that I've been working on, may sound a bit repetetive without vocals though.

Please tell me what you liked about it and what you think I should improve.

(There is vibratos in solos, but vibrato sounds so awful in my computer's midi so i left it out)

the title of the file ("annen sang") just means "another song".

This is NOT for my online band

Edit: Another thing I might add, I'm mostly a bassist, so that's the reason the guitar part might not be that good.

and...
C4C

EDIT: UPDATE AT POST 9!
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Nov 3, 2009,
guitar ben94
plays guitar.
1,291 IQ
Not much of a crit but I thought it was pretty good. Especially liked that bass riff at bar 10. Pretty good song.

And at the end, I thought there should of been a last chord in the last bar, but that's just my opinion.

But very good. I am guessing it would be better with vocals, so 8.5/10.
sfaune92
Used Register
616 IQ
Thanks for the review sir.

I don't think i want a chord in the last bar 'cause that is kinda predictable and the end will lose the feel i wanted it to have.

Keep the crits coming folks, i promise to C4C!
herby190
Banned
7,674 IQ
Just a tip; to get more crits, upload it as a .zip, with the GP5, GP4, and MIDI. Not only does it enable more people to listen to it, but it looks a bit more professional, in my opinion. Speaking of which, could you put up a GP4? My GP5 isn't as updated as yours, so it won't open.
sfaune92
Used Register
616 IQ
Quote by herby190
Just a tip; to get more crits, upload it as a .zip, with the GP5, GP4, and MIDI. Not only does it enable more people to listen to it, but it looks a bit more professional, in my opinion. Speaking of which, could you put up a GP4? My GP5 isn't as updated as yours, so it won't open.

No probem, doing it as fast as I can now.
ultrasonic
That Weird Weird Guy
2,723 IQ
Hey mate,
I liked what you did here and saw some Potential, I decided to add some piano and a second guitar behind the solo playing a lower harmony, i think it sounds better, but well its your decision

I hope you like it

P.S. Ignore the keyboard at the very start, it doesnt sound right, stick with it, I hope you like it
Attachments:
Updated.gp5
herby190
Banned
7,674 IQ
It seems like when the guitar chords are being used in the verse, you should replace every second Bm chord with a higher pitched one; I tried an F# octave chord there, and it sounded good to me.

Other than that, I like it; it's got a great, and original sound to it.
sfaune92
Used Register
616 IQ
Quote by ultrasonic
Hey mate,
I liked what you did here and saw some Potential, I decided to add some piano and a second guitar behind the solo playing a lower harmony, i think it sounds better, but well its your decision

I hope you like it

P.S. Ignore the keyboard at the very start, it doesnt sound right, stick with it, I hope you like it

Yeah, some good ideas here, thank you. I think i stick with the solo as it is. But the piano stuff was awesome. Thank you!
sfaune92
Used Register
616 IQ
I added a selection of Ultrasonic's ideas and a few of my own ideas, mostly bassline changes.

Here it is!

And C4C!, I even crit metal stuf! (does not include death/black, however i love to crit prog!)
Attachments:
annen sang.gp5
annen sang 4.gp4
Last edited by sfaune92 at Nov 3, 2009,
Gwrhkhsh
Make it blurred. More.
210 IQ
Nice song, so easy-listening . I'm not personally a fan of using major V chord in a minor scale, but it fits well here. I really liked the piano break before the first break. And, as I'm a bass player myself, I'm very happy with what you did with it here. The solo was fine, but I'd go for some craziness here . The ending is just fine.

8/10, I'd say.
sfaune92
Used Register
616 IQ
Quote by Gwrhkhsh
Nice song, so easy-listening . I'm not personally a fan of using major V chord in a minor scale, but it fits well here. I really liked the piano break before the first break. And, as I'm a bass player myself, I'm very happy with what you did with it here. The solo was fine, but I'd go for some craziness here . The ending is just fine.

8/10, I'd say.

The piano break was an idea by Ultrasonic.

I'm not a fan of crazy solos on more mellow songs, so the solo will stay the way it is.