Shit, I post a lot of threads but I'm in need of some help. I'm getting an Agile 8 string to play some Meshuggah-Fell Silent-Djent stuff. Anyway

I'm looking for some pedals and a head to play some of that music. I plan on getting a maxon 808 to tighten it up a bit and an ebow for solos. I got a budget of 1,500 for a head. I plan on buying used.

Is the framus dragon a good choice or should I go with the vetta II? I haven't played either since I live in the middle of nowhere.

And any other recommendations to get a ridiculously heavy sound out of my 8 would be great guys.

Thanks!
The vetta is what Meshuggah used (currently using the Axe-FX if I'm correct).

but really, both are awesome amps.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I think I'll get that one then. I remember seeing The faceless use it live and it was ****ing amazing.

It's not really complicated to use, is it?
Quote by Hella_Br00tal
I think I'll get that one then. I remember seeing The faceless use it live and it was ****ing amazing.

It's not really complicated to use, is it?

I'll try and find you vids of people dialing stuff in, but in my opinion:

It will take some practice, but there's so much options on the vetta that there's no wondering the manual is as thick as the yellow pages....

EDIT: Can't find anything right now, but PM this guy for help: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MatrixClaw/

He has/had a Vetta, and there's some other Vetta users around these parts, help should be plenty available.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Oct 28, 2009,