i think this is the right place but if not just tell me and ill repost...
so have any of you tried it and how good is they?
thanks in advance
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
tried one at long and mcquade last night. playability was awesome, and It sounded good unplugged but I didnt amplify it, so what do I know. the dot studio was good too
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
I personally like the ibanez in the same price range
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by joey arce

Same here. It's the AS73. Used to own one and I compared the DOT to the ibz and the ibz beat it hands down. Try them both and see which one suits you best.
I've got one, and it's just as good as my Epi LP Custom. The pups are the same, but the playability on the Dot is sublime for the price. I can get everything from a good clean or blues tone to metal. It will feedback a little when the gain is cranked, but that's what you get with a thinline.
Quote by joey arce

yeah and i think an ibanez might give me more options for the same price...
cause the dot i saw has 1 volume & 1 tone while the ibanez i saw has 2 volume and 2 tone
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
yeah and i think an ibanez might give me more options for the same price...
cause the dot i saw has 1 volume & 1 tone while the ibanez i saw has 2 volume and 2 tone

That was a studio, check out the standard. 2 volume and 2 tone controls.
i have an Epi dot and i like it. no complaints so far . Play one and if you like it get.
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off
I'm also looking at buying one off a mate. It's about 3 years old but it's in great condition. I don't play in any bands but I enjoy recording and I play stuff from acoustic/clean to heavy and hardcore stuff so what's the versatility like? It sounds like a great clean guitar but I'd love to be able to run some distortion through.
I love the look though, it's like the Hayley Williams of guitars =D
Quote by irishstang_87
That was a studio, check out the standard. 2 volume and 2 tone controls.

i cant afford the standard i looked its like $500
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Drummerrrrr?
I'm also looking at buying one off a mate. It's about 3 years old but it's in great condition. I don't play in any bands but I enjoy recording and I play stuff from acoustic/clean to heavy and hardcore stuff so what's the versatility like? It sounds like a great clean guitar but I'd love to be able to run some distortion through.
I love the look though, it's like the Hayley Williams of guitars =D

It's great with both cleans and distortion. I use mine as my main guitar for distortion and use my Ibanez mostly for cleans!

I get pretty heavy with it, and I've never had feedback issues. In fact at a gig the other day I couldn't get it to feedback when I tried!

I can really recommened it, it's a great guitar.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain