I'm learning guitar again after 15 years and although I still like (and want to play) the classic rock I was playing as a teenager I'm more interested these days in learning how to play funk and reggae. I learn best by learning songs instead of repetitively practicing scales, etc. Can someone please recommend good funk and/or reggae songs that are relatively easy for a (second-time) beginner? I'm not so sure where to start (my fingers don't even have callouses again/yet) so any guidance will really be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

--James
Aeroplane by Red Hot Chili Peppers... a lot of early RHCP actually. The Johnson Brothers. As for reggae, Passafire, Pepper, some O.A.R. The minor Pentatonic scale is a good one to learn for eventual improvisation. If you don't have callouses I recommend learning on an acoustic guitar. It'll build stronger callouses and playing whatever you learned on acoustic, on electric will be a breeze. But I'm not an expert.
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
Aeroplane by Red Hot Chili Peppers... a lot of early RHCP actually. The Johnson Brothers. As for reggae, Passafire, Pepper, some O.A.R. The minor Pentatonic scale is a good one to learn for eventual improvisation. If you don't have callouses I recommend learning on an acoustic guitar. It'll build stronger callouses and playing whatever you learned on acoustic, on electric will be a breeze. But I'm not an expert.

tbh even their newest album has a lot of funk (rhcp)
hump de bumb, dani california, charlie and loads others
but BSSM has some great funk rock