Do you guys consider describing someone's looks as "exotic" derogatory/racist/sexist?

If I think someone is an exotic beauty, I consider it a compliment in the sense that the person's appeal is unique and not traditional. Many, however, consider it offensive, thinking it implies an association with a "savage" people or something of that sort.

So does the pit consider this term inappropriate, or could it also be endearing in a certain context?
All adjectives other than Good, Plus good and Double plus good are Thoughtcrime!
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Not I.

What the hell am I going to call my exotic animals and plants? Is it going to be discrimination if I call them exotic now?

I think if anyone finds that term offensive, they should think twice about opening their mouth.
Exotic simply means: being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world
Anyone who finds it offensive are just going out of their way trying to find words to deem "offensive".
I prefer the term "Fine-ass Ho"
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Only a overly racially-sensitive person would think "exotic" is racist. I'd feel damn sexy if I was called exotic.
If they don't like the word exotic, tell them to go bleach their skin like MJ did. What? Too soon?
*waits for hawt pics of said exotic women*
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

You know, I think that the offensiveness and meaning of "exotic women" could be judged better if we were shown some pictures.
Quote by crazy8rgood
You know, I think that the offensiveness and meaning of "exotic women" could be judged better if we were shown some pictures.

Why didn't I see this coming?
Quote by SomeBlueKind
If they don't like the word exotic, tell them to go bleach their skin like MJ did. What? Too soon?

i lol'd inside

Quote by Masamune
done

who is that?

"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)

Last edited by Absinthe750mL at Oct 28, 2009,
Hell, I go to exotic places just so the exotic people can call me exotic.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Masamune
done

Hmm... I'm starting to get it, but I think I need more examples.

I knew deep inside that this would turn into a "post pictures of hot exotic women!" thread, but I don't object in the least.

I guess I was basing this off that episode of The Office where Michael calls Karen "exotic looking" and everyone is hellof offended.