do you guys advise to use fretting hand 1st finger or picking hand thumb to keep strings in a way of bent string quiet?
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
i do a combination...for the bottom strings my fretting hand mutes them...the top strings are muted by my picking hand.
Whatever makes you sound your best, do it.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
well i think i need help a lot
i am not new to guitar, but i am new to elecric guitar, to blues rock and overdriven sounds

my problem is - i can't do bends quickly and not sloppy at the same time. idk what to use - my thumb/palm on right hand or first finger on fretting hand to keep other strings from ringing out while releasing bends. overdrive shows how awful things are.
i am feeling so weird while doing bends. because i can't do them properly, i cant learn a whole load of songs i like. i concentrate a lot while doing bends
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
I use both. Use your picking hand to mute the low strings and your fretting hand to mute the high strings. It'll come with practice.
Last edited by BlockFour at Oct 28, 2009,
I've found that doing bends is alot about training your ear just as much as your hand. Once your ear can tell when you're in tune, your hand will know when to stop. Practice sloowww blues songs (download tuxguitar, some powertabs and set it to half tempo or lower).

justinguitar has some good lessons on this too.
main point is, it'll take years to develop, but it will develop
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah