Page 1 of 3
hey guys i purchased on sept 22 2009 a bugera 6260 and i purchased yesterday the cab and started using it yesterday

so last night i played it for atleast 40-50 mins and it worked fine i used my ibanez with emgs. this morning i turned it on and used my arbor les paul copy and 10 minutes and it blew a fuse. so i went to radioshack bought some fuses same but not ceramic type

so i played it 15 mins and bam lights turned off and the amp was dead. idk what could be causing this

its a january 2008 model . and its driving me crazy .
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard
Limited edition Schecter omen 7
Custom RR V with emgs 81/85,24 frets and floyd.

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
I've told you this before, it could be the PCB board mounting clips

Or, the power outputs in your house
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Read through BeerChurchs blog on these amps (333x specifically I think) and it will show you some of things to be on the look out for. I'd just return it under warranty and get another one (or something else). The fuse is dying because there is something wrong. I'll assume you had the head and cab matched for ohms?
go and buy a surge protector for about $50...
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
This was a new amp purchase last month? I'd return the damn thing and get a used Peavey.
I imagine it just needs new power tubes.

If you bought it last month you might be able to take it back, though if it's an '08 model it's perfectly reasonable for the cheap stock tubes to have reached the end of their lifespan now. Depends where you bought it really.
I'm sorry pal but even if that Bugera has decent tone, there's a very good reason people are afraid of buying bugera's - Reliability is a b*tch (since it's made by behringer).

I know this isn't the advice your looking for but, I would sell that thing (it is giving problems I mean) and then buy something along the lines of a Valveking 112 ($420) + put in a Vintage 30 ($145) Total: $565. (Oh yeah, don't buy the Valveking if your not going to buy a better speaker)

This is what I did and it's reliable & versatile.
Hope this helps.
Quote by Charlie4
I'm sorry pal but even if that Bugera has decent tone, there's a very good reason people are afraid of buying bugera's - Reliability is a b*tch (since it's made by behringer).
I thought Behringer only distributed Bugera's?
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I thought Behringer only distributed Bugera's?

They do, Bugera's are hand-made, not by Behringer.
Quote by willT08

not this BS again.......

Quote by BobDetroit
This was a new amp purchase last month? I'd return the damn thing and get a used Peavey.

Best advice in the whole thread
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
not this BS again.......

Best advice in the whole thread

I agree it's BS they're "hand-made", that term simply does not apply to Bugera amps.
But Bugeras are perfectly reliable, as long as you treat them right. The issues that have plagued them are well-known, and they're not large issues. It basically boils down to faulty power tubes and a certain transformer clip burning up. The first is covered by warranty, the second is fixed in the newer production runs.

The TS probably has crappy tubes.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by willT08

BUgeras are just the NEW line of amps under a diferent name made by Behringer in there Bugera Factory not the Behringer. ive rearched this many times and have went to the past NAMM and talked to the guys at the Bugera booth
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by Kanthras
But Bugeras are perfectly reliable, as long as you treat them right. The issues that have plagued them are well-known, and they're not large issues. It basically boils down to faulty power tubes and a certain transformer clip burning up. The first is covered by warranty, the second is fixed in the newer production runs.

I don't call amps with issues reliable, even if it aren't large issues. It's not normal your amp comes with a faulty power tube or a transformer clip that's burning up. The fact that it's covered by warranty also doesn't make it more reliable..

They just aren't reliable (at least the older ones, the newer seem to be better).
There really isnt a question about what to do its barely a month old and has actually only been played less than an hour by your account. Take it back for at minimum a warranty repair, personally Id just get my money back. You shouldnt have to buy fuses for an amp after an hour of use, or replace stock tubes the day you get an amp just so it will work. Ive owned 3 tube amps over the years never bought any fuses for any of them, my epis had all sorts of mods and still has the stock fuse in it. My 60s era ampeg owned it for 15 years never had to put a fuse in it.
the cab is matched for ohms i have the bugera cab. the head is at 16 ohms everything is set properly.

but i have definetly considered returning it and getting a peavey xxx or a 6505 if possible

i am keeping the cab atleast as for the price i dont think it gets any better.
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
You likely have bad power tubes. I had the same issue with my Bugera blowing the fuses constantly and when I brought it to the authorized tech center they told me the tubes were bad after testing it. Seems they use some low quality tubes mixed with the fact that they poorly bias these amps from the factory.
maybe i just noticed it seems like the 6l6 tubes have moisture on the bottom of them .

also before the fuse blows usually the volume starts decreasing and the tubes start having a blue flame like propane.
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
blue light is cool but moisture is not. Are you in a moist environment, like a damp basement or something? It's probably condensation. At least I hope that is all it is.

The way I see is you have 3 choices. Actually 4.

1. Send it back under warranty and get a new one.
2. Forget your warranty and get someone to fix it based on BeerChurchs blog on these amps.
3. Send it back and get a refund and get something else.
i might take it back to the store tuesday, and make sure to get a new model if not ill sew if the 6262 they have are 2009 . or maybe a 333 but i kinda prefer the peavey 6505 tone . shit is the store only gives back store credit.
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
i think the 6262 is a better amp overall anyway.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
any last words ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
what month and year did bugera fix the problems atleast the plastic clip ones
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Quote by BobDetroit

Go on, someone flame me for quoting myself.

Dude, this is crazy. New amp and it doesn't work?

Just for the record my brother and I own thirteen amps between us, seven of which are Peaveys. I have NEVER had a problem, fuses or otherwise with any of them. And to be honest I down right ABUSE them.

Go back to the store with that stupid amp and demand your money back!
if i could i would man but they dont give cash back just store credit i just noticed that if i woulda noticed that i would have never bought something from such hideous policies. anyways they have peavey jsx ,6505,valveking,marshall mg and fenders . i am quite happy with the cab which i wont probably change unless i find a decent combo.
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Most stores actually have similar 30 - 45 day exchange policies. The general rule is you've got 30 days to return for cash back. Luckily they have some other stuff to look at. How much would you get for head and then how much budget would you have total? Can you link us to this store so we can see inventory and such? Sorry if you have done this already.

No one is blaming you for buying the amp you bought. The people that have success with the Bugera's are the ones that know what they are getting into and are willing to do the fixes up front before they even turn it on.
There is a big difference returning something that you decided you don't like and returning something that DOESN'T WORK!!
I understand, but if the store doesn't want to take it back they can just refer the customer to the warranty, and he can get a another Bugera under his warranty. He's got an in-store credit so let's see how much he's got to spend total and what else is available.
Bugeras are notorious for breaking down.

I'd say theres something wrong with the wiring or a dud batch of tubes were going round. Happened to me with my VK. Take it back and buy one from another store.

EDIT: If the store doesn't take it back, SUE! Everyones doing it...

Aren't they?
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Last edited by SOADriff at Oct 31, 2009,
Quote by WtrPlyr
I don't call amps with issues reliable, even if it aren't large issues. It's not normal your amp comes with a faulty power tube or a transformer clip that's burning up. The fact that it's covered by warranty also doesn't make it more reliable..

They just aren't reliable (at least the older ones, the newer seem to be better).

The transformer clip is fixed in the new production runs, and the tubes aren't exactly part of the actual amplifier. You can't call the amplifier unreliable because the tubes are shoddy.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by BobDetroit
There is a big difference returning something that you decided you don't like and returning something that DOESN'T WORK!!
Quote by SOADriff
Bugeras are notorious for breaking down.

I'd say theres something wrong with the wiring or a dud batch of tubes were going round. Happened to me with my VK. Take it back and buy one from another store.

EDIT: If the store doesn't take it back, SUE! Everyones doing it...

Aren't they?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
No one is blaming you for buying the amp you bought. The people that have success with the Bugera's are the ones that know what they are getting into and are willing to do the fixes up front before they even turn it on.

Quote by WtrPlyr
I don't call amps with issues reliable, even if it aren't large issues. It's not normal your amp comes with a faulty power tube or a transformer clip that's burning up. The fact that it's covered by warranty also doesn't make it more reliable.. They just aren't reliable (at least the older ones, the newer seem to be better).

You're all talking a hell of a lot of bullshit.

Output valves can feasibly go at any time, especially on cheaper amps where, by necessity, they use lower quality valves.
The first thing I do if I buy an amp is order a spare set of power tubes.

Bugeras have a bad name, mostly because of an issue with faulty transformers in the first few production runs.
And yet, the handwired $2,300 Marshall 1974x had a massive problem with -what's this? faulty transformers, meaning most users had to send their amps back to Marshall, sometimes after no more than a few hours' playing time . What's more, the repair wasn't always covered by warranty, and could take anywhere up to six months to get your amp back. Unacceptable.

So, it's funny how everyone'll jump on the Bugera-bashing bandwagon when a part fails on an ultra-cheap amp, yet no-one bats an eyelid when a $2000+ amp breaks down after three weeks....
i paid $491 for the head including taxes,and $287 for the cab with tax . i really dont mind much about the cab as it sounds better than mg cabs and VK ones but the head is the issue .
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Quote by kyle62
Bugeras have a bad name, mostly because of an issue with faulty transformers in the first few production runs.

Nice post, but I have to correct you here.. the transformers aren't faulty, but the clips connecting it to the PCB were not adequate and often burned up.

Tbh the transformers are ****ing massive and I doubt they'll break down quickly.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

transformers disconnecting from the board is all kinds'a bad (duh, right?), and it'll ofcourse lead to blown fuses, a safety feature actually.

while the tubes in bugs and other budget amps are cheapos, their failure is often NOT the catalyst to disconnected pcb's and blown fuses, but rather the other way around.

still, none of this explains the lights going out in home dude's crib. sounds to me like he tripped the circuit breaker while is amp wasn't on standby, and due to the power/wiring in his house the surge busted his amp. i'd still side with everyone who said trade it in. bugs are still notorious behringer amps in sheeps clothing, but whatever you get, TS, get a surge protector and a power conditioner.

oh, and btw, to behringer "hand-made" means actual people (who often know very little about the technical aspects behind amps) assemble parts that were built in factories over seas by whatever means yielded the lowest possible cost. they're not "hand-wired" the way you think of when you hear "hand-wired." a look under the hood will tell you that much.
Quote by kyle62

Output valves can feasibly go at any time, especially on cheaper amps where, by necessity, they use lower quality valves.

Well, you lumped my comment in when I said 'no one is blaming the TS for buying a Bugera' as bullshit so I now need to defend myself. There is no way any of my posts in this thread are bullshit. We don't get Marshall 1974x problems in GGnA day in and day out. We DO get Bugera issue threads all the time. And almost every single one of them I refer them to BeerChurchs blog. No one said other manufacturers don't have their own issues.

I disagree that I should have to spend $100 on top of my new amp to buy power tubes right away. Are spare tubes always a good idea however? Yes. It seems to me that most of the issues related to the Bugera's were that the tubes were not biased correctly before they were shipped. THAT is a problem. Most people buying Bugera's are kids, and most kids (not all) do not know how to bias power tubes and solder a transformer clip.

That is why I'm calling bullshit on your bullshit.
the amp is hooked to a surge protector/conditioner always has been. i can do the whole thing you mentioned but why bother it should be playable out of the box.

still open for sugestions
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Quote by kyle62

You're the one talking BS. When I buy a new amp, I expect it to work! We don't even know what's wrong with the amp and you recommend he spend more money to diagnose the problem? That's a valid repair solution, but the problem is.... It's NEW and it DOESN'T WORK! The seller is the one who should be soving this problem, not the buyer!

Quote by kyle62

Bugera's have a bad name because THEY DON'T WORK!

Quote by kyle62
And yet, the handwired $2,300 Marshall 1974x had a massive problem with -what's this? faulty transformers, meaning most users had to send their amps back to Marshall, sometimes after no more than a few hours' playing time . What's more, the repair wasn't always covered by warranty, and could take anywhere up to six months to get your amp back. Unacceptable.

So, it's funny how everyone'll jump on the Bugera-bashing bandwagon when a part fails on an ultra-cheap amp, yet no-one bats an eyelid when a $2000+ amp breaks down after three weeks....

WTF are you talking about? Show me where anyone thinks it's OK their new amp doesn't work.
Quote by BobDetroit
Bugera's have a bad name because THEY DON'T WORK!

That's odd.. I could swear mine's been working for the past half year..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
That's odd.. I could swear mine's been working for the past half year..

You're fortunate. They one the TS has doesn't work.
Quote by BobDetroit
You're fortunate. They one the TS has doesn't work.

Well, mine crapped out after 15 minutes of playing too. Just like the TS's one.
However, I put in a slight effort to fix the small issue and it's been a dream of an amp ever since.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

bob ure a spot on chap

you are 100% correct , tomorrow im going to get it replaced for a 2009 model if i can also any suggestions the store doesnt give money back and if i take the whole amp back including cab i have $771

they have marshal mg,peavey 6505,jsx,valveking,tons of fenders.

any last suggestions before my big trip to retuen it ?
LTD H-101
Ibanez RGT42DX with emgs
Gibson SG standard

Peavey 6505+
and a roland cube 20x :
Page 1 of 3