i purchased a quad of these.

they are USSR, military grade, made in the reflektor plant in sarotov where current production Sovteks are made.

this is a description on DR.tube

The NOS Reflector 6P14P-ER (6П14П-ЕР is a Russian military quality tube and it is the Russian equivalent of the EL84/6BQ5. It can withstand a higher anode and screen grid voltage and it has a higher anode dissipation (14W) than the "normal" EL84 (12W). This tube will survive a lot longer in a VOX AC30 and other cathode biassed amps which over stress and over bias their EL84's.
This tube is often relabelled as the Sovtek EL84M, allthough it must be noted that the quality of the current production Sovtek EL84M's leaves something to be desired off...

what would this mean for my classic 30.
the tubes havent come in yet just wondering. they should be here 2morow.
also ive read these things are rated higher than normal what would that mean in terms of sound.

anyone ever hear of these.

i got these cause my JJ's have lost tone after about 8 months of purchasing them, very noticably. just wanted something cheap and quick.
Last edited by jajabu1 at Oct 28, 2009,
they should last longer and handle being driven harder without excessive wear down
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
yah i really liked the JJ's but they didnt last long. but i fear i drove them hard and fast, after all it is a 30 watt amp.

how long should a tube last for?

also what makes you say that justin. ever tried these?
Quote by jajabu1
yah i really liked the JJ's but they didnt last long. but i fear i drove them hard and fast, after all it is a 30 watt amp.

how long should a tube last for?

also what makes you say that justin. ever tried these?

Power amp tubes should last a couple years if treated properly, if i remember correctly

Never tried them, would like to give a coupe a go or something smiler when I eventually build myself a good tube amp. But I say they should last better because they are (supposedly) made of higher quality materials and with better quality control
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
They're miltary grade so expect them to last considerably longer than normal tubes.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i have also seen these on the internet and want to try someting diffrent from my EHel84.

what are some of your guys opinion on these. what would the tubes mean for a classic 30.