hey guys
this my fisrt thead
but anyways i wanna get a new guitar and was wonder if anyone knows a good metal guitar that has a fast neck and has a floyd rose.
i want it to be able to play metallica stuff and also joe satch and steve vai
also max about $1500 american

thanks guys
Quote by jonathan_5150
get a jackson around 1000$. come with floyd rose, a real fast neck, usually good metal tone pick-ups (however the cleans are debatable). rhoads used one, so did marty friedman. they're real good guitars, especially for metal.

They can't beat Ibanez Prestiges and ESPs though.
ಠ_ಠ
I'd get a Carvin for $1,500.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
How about a amp?

The amp (if you have one) may need to be replaced if you are going for certain tone...the amp is about 70% of your tone so look for a good amp and then a guitar.

But for 1200$ you can get a very good amp and a very nice guitar.
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
yeh i got a laney vc 30 i brought this year and its valve so yeh i dont have a floyd rose on a guitar and need one

Ibanez RG1550. the Edge tremolo is great, and i think basswood is perfect for metal. well in your price range, too!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by DespisedIcon

USA Jackson=ESP=Prestige in terms of quality.

Preference is all that really matters at that point
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
I can recommend guitars all day but really you need to go out and try as many as you can. Do not rule out used!!! You can get a guitar for a lot less money than you have in you new guitar pool. All the guitar recommended are good choices but again you need to try them and make your decision on what feels comfortable and what you think has the tone your looking for.

John
Quote by DespisedIcon

Jacksons can beat Ibanez or ESP hands down- they are the original super strats and hot rodded guitars. They are just as competitive to high end ESPs or Ibanezes, if not more so in terms of build quality and materials.

Another poster said that their cleans are debatable- that isn't true. A Jackson with top of the line Seymour Duncans have brilliant cleans. You can get a top of the line Jackson Dinky for $1500, with an OFR, two Seymour Duncan pups and a fast, wide neck with mother of pearl inlays.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Metlhead443
USA Jackson=ESP=Prestige in terms of quality.

Preference is all that really matters at that point

True, but at the same time, Carvin > Jackson, ESP, Prestige. IMO.
Quote by Wlyde_OvrDrv
hey guys what about a esp m2 with a maple neck and seymor duncans

Definitely great guitar if you are goign to buy it. The only real beef I had with them was the bolt on wasn't the most comfortable for me but it's still great guitar overall.
Quote by Wlyde_OvrDrv

That guitar is pretty nasty- just keep in mind that the DK2 is made in Japan. It is the top of their japanese line however, and from experience it is a great guitar that is competitive with higher priced ESPs in my opinion. Ibanezes in this price class are exceptional as well.

My advice to you TSer is to devote a day of researching your next guitar. When I was purchasing my Soloist, I sat down at Sam Ash one day and tried out ESP, Fender, Ibanez and Jackson models that fit my needs, all in the same amp and decided that the Jackson was the best. Do something similar- its fun, and you learn alot in the process.

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Quote by Wlyde_OvrDrv

I dont think this is the best choice, you re really paying for the graphic. If you like that this is much better IMO.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=520334&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=361428628
Or if you can shell out the cash this would be even better. USA Jacksons are really superb guitars.
http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-DK-1-DINKY-U.S.A.-EMG-ACTIVE-FLOYD-ROSE!!!!!!!_W0QQitemZ250508403122QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&itemid=250508403122
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-DK1-American-made-,-LIME-GREEN!!!-MINT!!!!!!!!!_W0QQitemZ110448604735QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&itemid=110448604735#ht_500wt_1182
If you really want the graphics you can get them on the USA version but it usually adds 3-400 dollars to the price, $2000-2100 for a DK1 with the skullyard graphic.
Last edited by fretz86 at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by Richmanofaction
Jacksons can beat Ibanez or ESP hands down- they are the original super strats and hot rodded guitars. They are just as competitive to high end ESPs or Ibanezes, if not more so in terms of build quality and materials.

Another poster said that their cleans are debatable- that isn't true. A Jackson with top of the line Seymour Duncans have brilliant cleans. You can get a top of the line Jackson Dinky for $1500, with an OFR, two Seymour Duncan pups and a fast, wide neck with mother of pearl inlays.

we`ve already discussed why breifly in another thread
Quote by Richmanofaction

Which is it?

IMO i'm not a fan of jackson's guitars at all. The necks just don't feel right. If they felt more like an Ibanez to me I would agree with you but there are reasons why not everyone who plays a superstrat plays a jackson. It's the differences amongst the guitars, not one brand being "better" or whatnot.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Richmanofaction

I've never tried a USA Jackson that beats a Standard ESP. Sorry.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ibanezgod1973

we`ve already discussed why breifly in another thread

At the end of the day, Jacksons and Ibanezes can go toe to toe- at this price point its more about the nuances of the instrument than the features or quality, but yes Ibanezgod, we have discussed this point hahah

Quote by MESAexplorer
Which is it?

IMO i'm not a fan of jackson's guitars at all. The necks just don't feel right. If they felt more like an Ibanez to me I would agree with you but there are reasons why not everyone who plays a superstrat plays a jackson. It's the differences amongst the guitars, not one brand being "better" or whatnot.

Its hard to say "which is it" in terms of "beating a brand". Simply put, some models just feel better than others, and that is true of all brands at all price points.

I agree with you though. It is not about which brand "is better", but what it really is about is giving the TS more options. 9 times out of 10 on these threads somebody requests a "metal guitar", and the responders quickly point to ESP and Ibanez.
I find that Jackson sometimes get overlooked as an option. I recommend them not only because I think the TSer should get more options to research, but I feel they produce a good product for the price- and who doesn't want that?

In terms of neck feel, I recommend that the TSer try out any guitar before he buys it- Jackson necks compared to Ibanez necks are different, wider and a tad bit thicker compared to the very slim profile of the Ibanez Wizard necks. Personally, all the Prestige's I played were great, but I just enjoyed the Jackson's feel more.

Quote by DespisedIcon

When I researching my next big purchase for gear, it came down to the ESP Horizon, or the Soloist. I tried out various standard ESPs, and found that for the price, they just didn't have the high end features, or "feel" I was looking for. I eventually chose the Soloist because the ESP didn't live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong, the ESP was beautiful, and I am still intrigued by it, but for the money I wanted what I thought was the best guitar that delivered the most for my cash.

Overall- TS, go out there and just try as many guitars as you can. We offer advice to you based on OUR experiences, but at the end of the day, its your instrument, your money and your sound, so purchase whatever fits your needs, budget and makes you happy.

Quote by Perp8tualMotion

Quote by LifeIsABullet16

Ibanez RG1550. the Edge tremolo is great, and i think basswood is perfect for metal. well in your price range, too!

Ohh it's greatifull guitar..i like so much....wanted,wanted..
Quote by LifeIsABullet16

Oooooh that is sexy all I have is a grx20

But I really want this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG350MYE-Electric-Guitar?sku=502234

TS, yeah I think a prestige would suit your needs/budget very well
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by Richmanofaction

Its hard to say "which is it" in terms of "beating a brand". Simply put, some models just feel better than others, and that is true of all brands at all price points.

I agree with you though. It is not about which brand "is better", but what it really is about is giving the TS more options. 9 times out of 10 on these threads somebody requests a "metal guitar", and the responders quickly point to ESP and Ibanez.
I find that Jackson sometimes get overlooked as an option. I recommend them not only because I think the TSer should get more options to research, but I feel they produce a good product for the price- and who doesn't want that?

In terms of neck feel, I recommend that the TSer try out any guitar before he buys it- Jackson necks compared to Ibanez necks are different, wider and a tad bit thicker compared to the very slim profile of the Ibanez Wizard necks. Personally, all the Prestige's I played were great, but I just enjoyed the Jackson's feel more.

I can agree with that. My roommate at college has a jackson, it's a nice guitar but I'm more of an Ibanez guy myself. Also... being a 7 and 8 string guitarist Ibanez has way more options than jackson.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by DespisedIcon

i highly doubt you have played a usa jackson then.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"