So I got a Schecter Omen-6, Diamond Series.. I rewired it so instead of a master tone and volume knob, there is a volume control for each pickup allowing the pickups to be blended in any amount. It's no longer necessary to have the 3 way pickup switch and Ive been looking for something to do with the switch or something to replace it with. I'd love to hear any suggestions or thoughts as to what I could do with this.

attached is a picture of the guitar, you know, just for s**** and giggles...
Attachments:
101_0820.jpg
Change it to a rotary switch for different pickup options like split coils and in/out phase?

Or a kills switch

or master tone knob?
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Coil split? Phase or Series/Parallel switch?
Quote by TechnoLp
Change it to a rotary switch for different pickup options like split coils and in/out phase?

Or a kills switch

or master tone knob?

He wouldnt need a killswitch, he basically has one now, just put one volume on 0 and flick the switch.
Last edited by littlephil at Oct 28, 2009,
I've toyed with the idea of replacing the tone knob with a rotary switch for the pickups selections, with different combinations including different split coil options (still leaving me the unused 3 way switch) but decided against it... and like littlephil mentions I don't really need a kill switch.

I know how to wire a switch for in/out of phase, but what exactly will it do to the sound of the guitar?
Last edited by Flamindonuts at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by littlephil
Coil split? Phase or Series/Parallel switch?

He wouldnt need a killswitch, he basically has one now, just put one volume on 0 and flick the switch.

i thought he had disconnected the toggle entirely and was just using two volume knobs

mistake on my part
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by TechnoLp
i thought he had disconnected the toggle entirely and was just using two volume knobs

mistake on my part

I figure I might as well leave it hooked up as long as it's still in the guitar... just leave it in the center position all the time though
Quote by Flamindonuts
I'd love to hear any suggestions or thoughts as to what I could do with this.
diMarzio makes a 4PDT on-on-on toggle that fits in a standard pickup toggle opening. With that, you could change the pickups from Series/Split/Parallel. Then use the two volume controls to select the pickup or blend of pickup you want.

But the switch IS expensive.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
diMarzio makes a 4PDT on-on-on toggle that fits in a standard pickup toggle opening. With that, you could change the pickups from Series/Split/Parallel. Then use the two volume controls to select the pickup or blend of pickup you want.

But the switch IS expensive.

I really like the idea of that accually... truthfully, I had no idea that anybody made 4PDT..