hey ug,

has anyone got any tips on how i can improve stood up,
sat down im picking perfect, can palm mute great , and alternate pick very fast correctly (even on my v)

as soon as i stands up, i cant do anything, my picking starts to suck and cant palm mute and my fretting hand suffers , ive been practising for a few weeks now, but hardly any improvements. ive even tried playing my guitar higher up, but to no avail.

any tips?
Practice. All there is. Practice how you plan to play, I your gonna gig practice standing up.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
- Slow down, don't strain your muscles and just focus on hitting everything right.
- Hang the guitar in the position it would be in if you were sitting
- Experiment with different angles for the guitar neck.
- Don't let yourself sit down
WTLTL 2011
for now on ONLY practice standing up
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
make the length of the strap short enough so that when your sitting down playing guitar, the strap is still tight, but only just slack enough to not be holding the guitar up, then you should be able to play standing up easliy, then once you get used to that , gradually make the length of the strap longer, get used to it, then make it a little bit longer again, and repeat to the point where you don't look ridiculous ;D, this'll take some time though, but you'll get used to it eventually
JacK!
Playing standing is weird. Alot of people I know can't do it, but I found it pretty natural. And I started hanging the guitar quite low, which is harder.
dude were like the opposite. It justs takes practice to get used to it. I always practice standing, and have issues playing while sitting down. But after a few hours of practicing either way, it won't be a problem.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Try posting in the correct forum next time?

K. Thanks.

Reported

gee ur a help, wth cares if its in the wrong forum?

anyways,i have the same problem, i have my guitar strap realy short so it makes it easer. not very photogenic but who cares...
lol it might be more easier if jacksons king v's wernt top heavy lol

its got floyd rose which im not that keen on, i dont always palm mute right because i half the time, i dont no were im putting my hand

thanks for the tips guys =]
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Try posting in the correct forum next time?

K. Thanks.

Reported
dick move.
one x_vox
Will is right, this IS in the wrong section. I let it slide and posted some advice before, but this thread is now reported (rightfully so).

Also, it could be reported for a MOVE to the right section not for a delete. In the mean time, posting in a reported thread is asking for trouble.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Nollaf Enahs
anyways,i have the same problem, i have my guitar strap realy short so it makes it easer. not very photogenic but who cares...

Alot of great players play high up anyway. Chuck Schuldiner (Death), John Petrucci (Dream Theater) and Paul Masvidal (Cynic) are all great metal guitar players who play up real high. Playing low slung is only a factor in -core and nu-metal bands really.
I actually have the same problem. In general, there are alot of songs that I can play perfectly fine standing up. But my playing quality suffers greatly. There are songs that I have on lock that I cannot play while standing. I don't know, it just doesn't feel right.
But practice, practice, practice. Because you can't play a gig sitting down ;p
Well you can, but it would just suck xD
Try playing standing up.

I heard playing stooding up is pretty difficult.

Jokin practice bro ... practice ..
Practice standing up.
Practice how you need to play.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Mark G
In the mean time, posting in a reported thread is asking for trouble.

The fundamental purpose of this forum was to help those in need. The thread will be moved in the end, but while it's here i don't see why we can't give him our advice. i'm sure the mods aren't that unreasonable.

TS, what you need to realise is that playing standing and playing sitting have nothing to do with each other at all.

you may be able to play a certain lick perfectly while sitting, but that doesn't mean you can play it standing. you might see lots of suggestions (eg. putting the guitar on your left leg while sitting, shortening the strap etc...) but....

there is only one real solution: practise standing, and only practise standing. that way, all your techniques will be developed for playing while standing and you'll have no more problems.
Quote by daryle_goh
The fundamental purpose of this forum was to help those in need. The thread will be moved in the end, but while it's here i don't see why we can't give him our advice. i'm sure the mods aren't that unreasonable.

exactly, we arent unreasonable. except when people bag on someone who rightfully reported a thread, then we unleash the fury

as for playing while standing, other than practice and raise your strap, well actually thats pretty much it. i mean there are things like playing a bit slower so your muscles get used to the new position, but that falls under good practice habits anyway.
Some really technical stuff I just lay on the stage and play it. It's a good idea to keep moving and keep low here in Detroit anyway.
Quote by jof1029
exactly, we arent unreasonable.

The consensus from the people I've warned seems to be that I'm incredibly unreasonable.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...