Ok, before you go and say OMG YOUTUBE, I know how to do pinch harmonics already. I just don't know how to easily use them while playing a song.

So, as I said, I can easily do pinch harmonics by holding the pick a special way (thumb very close to the bottom of the pick). My problem is, in order for me to do harmonics whilst playing, I have to hold hte pick that way, which gets very tedious. I'm positive there is another way to do harmonics while playing without holding the pick like that. So, anyone care to share? :P

P.S. again, I couldn't find a youtube video explaining how to play them while playing
practice switching between these and playing with the pick that way
Quote by Kyose
practice switching between these and playing with the pick that way

/thread. Seriously just practice. In time as you do them more it will become natural, you won't even have to think about anything. You'll just do a pinch harmonic.
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
i can do them with my normal grip. Maybe you need to choke up on your pick when you play, or learn to do them with the grip you already use.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
You just have to tilt the pick away from your thumb when you don't want the harmonic and tilt it back when you do its very easy.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
I have this same problem, I need to add in a 3rd finger for a pinch harmonic which makes them pretty damn hard when standing up.
It sounds like you might need to hold the pick a little closer to the tip. And what helped me when learning to do pinches while in the middle of a song was to try picking INTO the string instead of just going straight down like your normal picking motion. Its kind of hard to explain in writing, but try to kind of tilt your hand forward and pick in towards the body of the guitar to get your thumb to touch the string.

Again, its pretty hard to explain, but maybe thatll help
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Quote by buddyboombotz
Jazz pick

x7896 end thread with this one!!

JAZZ PICKS FTW!