I know of a Randall cab that goes for $299 which is my first choice as of now. Is it any good? I don't need top of the line or anything just something that works. If it's shit, what should I be buying? Keep in mind I can't spend all that much more, probably $100 more tops. Thanks

Randall R212CX G3 is the model of the one I mentioned.
Last edited by archetype713 at Oct 28, 2009,
www.thomann.de

Search for the harley benton g212 vintage. It's got two celestion v30's for less than the price of the speakers on their own from many suppliers.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
See. I don't hold grudges.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Harley Benton 2x12 V30 or Framus 2x12 V30 would be my cheapest options.
WTLTL 2011
If you're in the US: Avatar or Vader, used. Look at Lopoline and Ear Candy as well.

If you're in Europe/the UK: the above suggestions are perfect.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
why not get a avatar cab? i think they start at like 250 and you get to chose what speakers you want.
Quote by LifesDisorder
why not get a avatar cab? i think they start at like 250 and you get to chose what speakers you want.

Only time I looked them up it was empty cabs. So, do you mean I get the cab and install whichever ones I choose? Or does the company put in the ones I pick for them?
^You can get loaded or unloaded cabs with Avatar (and Vadar etc). This would be a good option if you live in the US. Yes, they will install the speakers for you if you get a loaded cab. A new 212 cab with Celestion speakers will run you about $400. Call Dave and boys over there and they'll help you figure out what speakers and such. Can't really speak to the Randall cabs, they don't come up very often in recommendations. If you are not in the US, then you have other options as well. Also, if you want to look at used cabs, which is a great idea, we can help you there too.

Quote by gerardwayne
See. I don't hold grudges.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by BobDetroit
We can say "shitty?"

News to me, too

TS: Definitely look into Avatar cabs if you live in the US. They are going to be the best bang for your buck.

Randall's high end cabs are excellent. Their low end cabs, like the one you mentioned, are alright but you can do better.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

You can find used cabs everywhere if you look.

This

One more thing: I have a Crate Palomino 2x12. Birch ply, Celestion 70/80's. Paid 180 new. See if you can find one.
Quote by imgooley
One more thing: I have a Crate Palomino 2x12. Birch ply, Celestion 70/80's. Paid 180 new. See if you can find one.

definitely a good option.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by imgooley
This

+1

Didn't even think of something like this, Goolz. Glad you're here to save the day, like always!!
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Quote by imgooley
This

Could anyone give me some suggestions as to where I should be looking for these? Only things I can find are combos of some kind or other models, but I don't know where to look either lol. And thanks all for the good options
Last edited by archetype713 at Oct 29, 2009,
I've had nothing but positive experience with all peavey products, and they're cheap as all hell.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I live in the U.S., Missouri if it matters. And I can't spend more than $400, as I said before I don't need anything just fantastic as I don't gig. I just want a good sound that will do justice to the amp . So anything $300-$400 is perfect, and it seems I should be looking for an Avatar with v30's correct?