I am looking for something that does a reasonably Marshally sound, without it having to be Marshall (it can be though; I like Marshall quite a bit!). I like the deep, heavy crunch sound, with a tinge of reverb; onboard reverb would be nice. I'd like to not pay more than 600$ for a combo, if that puts it in perspective. Tube is a plus. Ability to crank it would be nice too, but it can be a lower volume amp if that's what it takes to fit my price. I want tonal options
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Marshall Class 5
Marshall MA series (when they come out)
Bugera V22 or V55
Marshall Haze with speaker swap
Used JCM 800 or 900 or DSL 50
Used Traynor YCS or YCV series
Peavey Butcher
Red Bear Amps MK60
Sovtek MIG
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Does the Bugera 1990 come in a combo? If not you could always look for a JCM900 combo. And if you want to stay new, the Bugera 6260 and 6262 give decent tones with a semi-Marshally vibe.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Marshall Class 5
Bugera V5/22
Bugera 1990
Epiphone Valve Jr/Sr
Blackheart Little Giant or Handsome Devil
Blackstar HT-5
Vox AC4
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
All of the a fore mentioned amps would be good. Also worth checking out would be a Peavey Windsor - not the greatest amp on the market but it isn't bad and they are very inexpensive.
Vox AC4
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Please give me details on the Marshall Haze, MA, Class 5, Blackstar HT-5, and the Bugera 1990. Also, Randall MTS
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Haze - said to be a JCM 800 at a lower wattage. I found it a bit muddy though (I played the combo) and thought it could use a speaker swap. Sounded pretty good overall but I had to run the treble at 10. Not a high gain monster.

MA series - supposed to be an affordable tube amp. Not out yet so I can't really comment on the sound; comes in 50 and 100w varieties.

Class 5 - Said to sound alot like a Bluesbreaker at a lower wattage. 5w combo or head. Very well-received amp.

Randall MTS - essentially it's a power amp that you plug preamp modules into. These modules can be anything from a Fender Blackface module to a Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier-style dripping with gain. Multiple modules function as multiple channels would in that you set one up for one thing and the other up for another.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
MA series - supposed to be an affordable tube amp. Not out yet so I can't really comment on the sound; comes in 50 and 100w varieties.

I read somewhere that the 50w Combo will be $800...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Is the Haze actually worth it? When does the MA come out? Finally, if someone can, compare the sound/value for the Haze, Class 5, and HT-5.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Try the Haze out if you can (not through a Haze cabinet or the stock speaker of the combo) I rather liked the one I played regardless of that though.

No idea when the MA comes out; they were basically just announced a month ago.

The HT-5 just went up in price so it's not as good price-to-value anymore; the fullstack is $600 instead of $500 as it used to be. The Class 5 is better price-to-value in England but it runs about $400 for the combo in the US, which is what the HT-5 combo used to run.

The Haze head is $600 if I remember correctly but you do get more features than the HT-5 and Class 5, such as reverb and a few built-in effects which didn't sound too bad in my opinion.

However I think the MA series just may beat them all.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Any more opinions?
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Ill vouch for my 5150 combo, I know you can find these (or the newly name 6506) for 5-600$. Not too versatile, but I get great classic rock to metal sounds out of it. Cleans are lacking without a chorus pedal, but I have a strat with a neck pickup if I need to get too clean.
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Quote by JayT44
Marshall Class 5
Bugera V5/22
Bugera 1990
Epiphone Valve Jr/Sr
Blackheart Little Giant or Handsome Devil
Blackstar HT-5
Vox AC4

+1

exactly what I was about to say.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.