so im looin into getting either the disortion of box of metal
whichj has a better sound overall and which is more high gain????
Bryce
Box of Metal has more gain and sounds great but the Box of Rock is more toneful IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It depends on what u want it for really, Modern Distortion = BoM, Classic Distortion = BoR
why just Zvex?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
amen bruva!

I swear by them. If you look on ebay for the hand painted ones, u can get them at the vexter prices AND they have a lifetime transferable warranty.

I got my BoM on ebay for just under the price of a Vexter version, it has a couple of chips in the paint, but I can live with that. It sounds epic though.

I got the Fuzz Factory (fan of Muse) a while ago, it was fun to play around with, but when i took it to my band's practices they really hated the tones it was making, it made chords too dirty sounding to even hear the notes and when i tried to mess around with it to get a better tone i'd end up getting a "Velcro Fuzz" which sounded a bit naff, or I'd get German radio through my amp!

The moral of the story, I definately love the BoM more than the Fuzz Factory now.
Quote by mmolteratx
Box of Metal has more gain and sounds great but the Box of Rock is more toneful IMO.

Not sure about the BoR... but the BoM has so much balls in the gain department, its practically dragging 'em around.

the built-in noise gate is a very practical feature as well. However, I find the zvex pedals well overpriced. For what you get from zvex there are alternative options like the Pro Tone Skumstortion or Body Rot II.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Zvex: Amazing pedals, way overpriced. Zach swears that the non-USA Vexter versions sound the same as the twice as expensive hand painted ones, but users say otherwise... I would go with a Wampler Triple Wreck over one.
Quote by ragingkitty
Not sure about the BoR... but the BoM has so much balls in the gain department, its practically dragging 'em around.

the built-in noise gate is a very practical feature as well. However, I find the zvex pedals well overpriced. For what you get from zvex there are alternative options like the Pro Tone Skumstortion or Body Rot II.

Yea, it's definitely got more balls, the BoR is just more my sound. And a huge +1 to the overpriced point. They're good but not $350 good.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

especially when you consider the fact that they're only around 40-50 dollars in components, and almost all variations of each other, they're definitely overpriced. there are a couple i'd love to have, such as the tremorama and the ringtone, but his drives are way overpriced.
Quote by BeethovensBust
Zvex: Amazing pedals, way overpriced. Zach swears that the non-USA Vexter versions sound the same as the twice as expensive hand painted ones, but users say otherwise... I would go with a Wampler Triple Wreck over one.

Do you still feel tempted to get one?

I STRONGLY AGREE to the Wampler Triple Wreck. It's got cahonies the size of melons! A way better pedal compared to the BoM... and its even cheaper than the BoM. Win all round.

Quote by mmolteratx
Yea, it's definitely got more balls, the BoR is just more my sound. And a huge +1 to the overpriced point. They're good but not $350 good.

Haha, fair enough. Admittedly I find the BoR pretty cool for the classic to modern rock sounds.

Yes, zvex is DEFINITELY not $350 good.

I swear, zvex charges a premium for its paintwork.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty

Haha, fair enough. Admittedly I find the BoR pretty cool for the classic to modern rock sounds.

I don't even care for the artwork for the most part. He just comes of as kind of a douche to me with the whole "mad scientist" thing.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
I don't even care for the artwork for the most part. He just comes of as kind of a douche to me with the whole "mad scientist" thing.

i can paint that and i'll just charge 5-10 bux for it
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by mmolteratx
He just comes of as kind of a douche to me with the whole "mad scientist" thing.

How'd you get the "mad scientist" thing?

I honestly think there's a lot of hype regarding his pedals. Sure the tone is great, and that he's got some cool pedal (Probe Wah), but its well overpriced for what they do.

Also to guitarted, you're not merely paying for components, you're also paying for Zach's time and effort spend in developing, designing and creating the pedals. You're also paying for his willingness to take the risk to fill a demand he sees in the pedal market.

That said, the pedals are still well over-priced.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
i understand you're paying for more than just components, but considering some of his circuits, there really isn't "time developing" to factor in. either way, they're nice pedals, but there are better for the price.
Quote by guitarted
i understand you're paying for more than just components, but considering some of his circuits, there really isn't "time developing" to factor in. either way, they're nice pedals, but there are better for the price.

haha... maybe he spent a loooong time finding the correct caps in the correct color haha.

True.... I'd agree that there are far better for the price.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
Do you still feel tempted to get one?

I STRONGLY AGREE to the Wampler Triple Wreck. It's got cahonies the size of melons! A way better pedal compared to the BoM... and its even cheaper than the BoM. Win all round.

A bit. I'm toying with the idea of getting a Marshall Class 5 when Marshall gets it over here to the U.S. and running a Triple Wreck into it. GAS is a terrible drug.
Quote by ragingkitty

How'd you get the "mad scientist" thing?

I honestly think there's a lot of hype regarding his pedals. Sure the tone is great, and that he's got some cool pedal (Probe Wah), but its well overpriced for what they do.

Also to guitarted, you're not merely paying for components, you're also paying for Zach's time and effort spend in developing, designing and creating the pedals. You're also paying for his willingness to take the risk to fill a demand he sees in the pedal market.

That said, the pedals are still well over-priced.

He hangs out on a few other forums and he just acts like he's constantly inventing stuff and how he's different for the sake of being different, talking about how innovative he is, etc.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by BeethovensBust
A bit. I'm toying with the idea of getting a Marshall Class 5 when Marshall gets it over here to the U.S. and running a Triple Wreck into it. GAS is a terrible drug.

Man... that sounds EPICOORZ as it is... you'll need to post pictures and clips when it does happen.

Quote by mmolteratx
He hangs out on a few other forums and he just acts like he's constantly inventing stuff and how he's different for the sake of being different, talking about how innovative he is, etc.

Ah fair enuff... I can understand how you feel then.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )