Poll: ??
Poll Options
View poll results: ??
Yes
109 91%
No
11 9%
Voters: 120.
It's illegal to download anything for free on the internet. So why should youtube be any different? Discuss.

EDIT: I MEAN THOSE VIDEOS WITH JUST A PICTURE AND THE NAME OF THE SONG. NOT A NORMAL VIDEO WITH MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND. SORRY!
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
Last edited by extrememetal94 at Oct 28, 2009,
If they made it 'illegal' it wouldn't make a difference anyway.
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.
Quote by extrememetal94
It's illegal to download anything for free on the internet.

Incorrect ...
It's a great promotional tool.
cowgrls-frmhell

"Straight out of hell
One of a kind
Stalking his victim
Don't look behind you

- - - - Night Crawler! - - - -"
Yes.
The good times are killing me.

Quote by UG TinyChat
meelad: I know this guy "entity0009" and "mike50227"
meelad: They're the best people there

Above Divine
Seeing how i'm using it to listen to the new Creed cd to see if I like it then that's a definite yes from me.
I live in Canada, it is not illegal for one. And secondly, a lot of those get removed for copyright claims or stamped with the record company if they find the song permissible (hit singles etc.). Stop being a feces-muncher and leave it alone.

Edit: You mean like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AG_-d9D-4I&feature=PlayList&p=7B21E57EAFBE6015&index=6
Last edited by Piscasis at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by Piscasis
I live in Canada, it is not illegal for one. And secondly, a lot of those get removed for copyright claims or stamped with the record company if they find the song permissible (hit singles etc.). Stop being a feces-muncher and leave it alone.

Is anything illegal in Canada?
According to the law, people can upload anything they want, even if it's copyrighted to sites like youtube, rapidhsare, torrents, etc... It's up to the copyright holders (ABKO for example) to send a DMCA report to the sites hosting the content to get their content removed. Some copyright holders choose to place ads on their songs instead of getting rid of them.That's why sometimes you see a link to iTunes on the video while it's playing.
Quote by Duffman123
Is anything illegal in Canada?

Only lame stuff, and we have milk in bags
I'm fine with the 'illegal-ness' of the videos that are only a picture with the track... but it went too far by declaring instrument cover videos with the song in the background (to play along to) illegal as well...
Quote by Piscasis

+1 I want to live in canada

and i love how at least half of the comments on hear have been about the gramatical error of 'aloud' rather than what it was actually suggesting

Who says that rockers are without brains?
It seems like such an overcontrolled thing. Many artists I listen to have said "Hey, steal our music, its made to be heard" and I agree. I always plan to buy what I listen to online. There are so many bands and groups that would never be heard of if they werent able to hear it. Also, if Youtube continues to take down all of their music, there will be major repercussions in the industry. Who will buy music that:
1. You have never heard, or never gets radio airtime
2. You are unsure about or only curious about
Quote by Piscasis

ah yes, the milk in the bags. i love it in Canada
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by mashedpotatoes
I'm fine with the 'illegal-ness' of the videos that are only a picture with the track... but it went too far by declaring instrument cover videos with the song in the background (to play along to) illegal as well...

Wow really? When/where did you hear that?
Quote by Helloween4Ever
ah yes, the milk in the bags. i love it in Canada

It's a cool concept, but it really doesn't work that well. I don't know why we have them. Often while pouring, the bag will fold in and the milk will pour all over the place. It's messy and a hassle. But I still love it.
They already aren't aloud [sic].
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Piscasis
It's a cool concept, but it really doesn't work that well. I don't know why we have them. Often while pouring, the bag will fold in and the milk will pour all over the place. It's messy and a hassle. But I still love it.

its worth the hassle
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
beat me to it aswell^^^
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
Last edited by speakers at Oct 28, 2009,
many artists are using youtube to HELP them actually. having videos of them or their music put up on there actually helps their sales. it gets them known which gets people out to their shows and gets people to buy their CD or their songs on itunes. if you dont want people to listen to you, then dont make music.

plus i dont see the problem. technically, youtube isnt downloading anything. its like listening to the radio or one of those online music streaming sites like dizzler. you have to go there and listen, you cant take it with you. if that were illeagal, then so should going over to a friends house to listen to their CD's or watch a movie. sure, there are ways to download from youtube but i dont think youtube has anything to do with it. the downloading would be illeagal, not putting it on youtube.

and besides, a lot of stuff gets taken down already because people dont want it on youtube. like almost every clip of anyone at austin city limits gets taken down because of some union thing. but they always get put back up.

i think people need to stop worrying so much. i mean, remember when people though blank tapes would ruin the music industry?