Im getting some active pickups for my S2170.
Hopefully Livewire HMET, but if I cant find any Ill probably go with the Blackout Metal.

I have a set of the HMET in my jackson and they are they best pickups ever for what I play. But only in the bridge, I hate the way the neck pup sounds.

Any suggestions, Is there anyway to have an active bridge and a passive neck??

I dont think there is, so if not. What neck pickup would you guys recommend. Ill mainly use them for leads and sweeps, but also would like a really nice acoustic tone.

Something very warm, for the leads im trying to go for Suffocation sound, or bands like Black Dahlia, Abigale Williams.

Any suggestions?????

btw i need a humbucker for the neck and maybe a good single coil for the middle.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
There is a way to wire in passive and active, but you can't have both pickups running at the same time, and the wiring itself is apparently rather irritating. In my honest opinion I'd rather have a set of passives but thats just avoiding the issue. If you're feeling flush maybe look into Bare Knuckle pickups. Best I've ever used
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I'm not so good with single coils, but Dimarzio are usually good.

With the neck pickup: Just don't do the age old mistake of thinking 'Higher outputs am bests', because it usually isn't, your tone will just get covered in mud. Go for a mid range resistance, it'll clear out any unwanted muck and will give that little more clarity to your lead work. On my RG, I have mid range Swinesheads (9.5 bridge and 8.5 in the neck) and it's great for metal and lead work. So much clarity. I can't get on with high output pickups.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Quote by richard_edwards
With the neck pickup: Just don't do the age old mistake of thinking 'Higher outputs am bests', because it usually isn't, .

Yes your right, and thats my exact problem, I get a set of actives, and the bridge is what i want. But the neck is too much.

Id like to figure out how the wiring goes to have an Active Bridge, and Passies for neck and mid.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness