So I was on the Stew Mac website to plan out a build I want to do, the stuff looks legit, good priced, seems all good. I get everything I need. I just want to make sure its a legit site? Any of you have problems with it? How are the shipping times? Everything arrive okay?

Also, about truss rods. Does every guitar neck need one? How might I go about putting it into a neck that I build.

Thanks
stew mac is great. reliable and one of the top luthier sites on the web. you won't be dissappointed.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Stew Mac is really good. And about the truss rod, yes, every guitar has to have one, unless you have a carbon strip. Your neck will bow without one and make your guitar unplayable.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
You rout a channel for the trussrod before you attach the fretboard. It sits in there and you glue the fretboard over it.
Stewmac
warmoth
and all parts

seem to be the favorites around here and if you are on a budget guitar fetish is great.

No you dont need a truss rod but your neck will bow over time and it wil be much weaker.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by TechnoLp
Stewmac
warmoth
and all parts

seem to be the favorites around here and if you are on a budget guitar fetish is great.

No you dont need a truss rod but your neck will bow over time and it wil be much weaker.

You do need a trussrod if you want the guitar to be playable at all. If you dont use one you may aswell not even build a guitar, unless you use something else to support the neck (carbon fibre rods)
you could make a guitar with out a truss rod and it is playable for a short time. its just not a good idea.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
or nylon strings....

...with piezo of some sort obviously
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
stewmac is definitely not good-priced, but they have quality stuff and the best customer service in the business.

A truss rod is an absolute necessity. To install it, you have 2 options.

you could do like many Fenders and route a slot in the back of the neck, install the rod, and fill the slot with a strip of rosewood. This is called a skunk stripe. imho they are sexy.

or you could do the easier method and route a slot on the front of the neck, install the rod, then glue on the fretboard.
Quote by Invader Jim
stewmac is definitely not good-priced, but they have quality stuff and the best customer service in the business.

This. Be wary of general tools that they sell there. A lot of it can be found at a good hardware store for much less. On the other hand, they're really good guys to shop with and they've yet to ship me something that didn't arrive two business days later. Everything I've bought there is very well made, and the guitar-specific tools do the job so well that I'm often willing to pay premium for them.

If you're on a budget and have access to power tools, then you can save money by making things like radius sanding blocks yourself. My power tools are a dremel and a power drill, so I'm down to buying everything I need.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer