Hey everyone,

I'm browsing for a good gigging amp, and my local music store has a bunch of amps from a company called Blackstar, anyone know about them?? Are they any good?? How do they compare to Marshall/Fender/Vox etc... They looked alright, but no store is gonna say something bad about something they're selling...
Alder?? What's that? Sounds like a poor substitute for ash to me...
try testing? people here might not think exactly as you do so it's best to get first hand experience with the amp before you buy it (if you can, that is)

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I was planning to, but i just want to get some opinions coz i literally know nothing about them
Alder?? What's that? Sounds like a poor substitute for ash to me...
Very good amps, the HT-5 is widely praised around here as a budget low wattage tube amp. I say try and if you like buy.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Their amps are very good. I have never tried them personally, since they don't deal in Hong Kong. However, the Blackstar HT-5 is probably the most acclaimed low-wattage tube amp on this forum.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
which ones are you looking at? i've only tried the artisan 15. I wasn't fussed, it's kind of a cross between a vintage marshall sound and a vox, but i thought it sounded a bit bright, thin and brittle. if you want that vintage marshall sound, the valvepower 18 watt clone (which I own, so you understand why i'm biased ) pwns it for half the money, if you don't need the two channels.

Obviously if you're looking at the series ones or ht5, that's different as they're a completely different style of amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?