Hey i've been searching for a guitar with the following requirements:
Basswood
non locking bridge
superstrat (or at least a double cut away)
non-baritone
and preferably with:
Hum-single-Hum configuration
brand name
natural finished neck
thinner neck

I've been looking all over and i'm having a hard time finding all of these traits in one axe without going into a custom. The budget is around $1400. I've heard i could order the parts for making a guitar, but i'm definitely not too comfortable about the idea of building.
Maybe a EBMM John Petrucci Model? You'd have to skimp on the HSH config but the PU's are coil tapped anyway

Might be out of budget by a little bit though
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
sounds like you want an Ibanez to me....

try looking at www.musiciansfriend.com or americanmusical.com for exactly what you want...
Ibanez RG1570 - mirage red
Ibanez RG7321
Dean '79 MLF
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez RX20- first guitar!!
Fender 12 str acoustic
Rickenbacker 620/12
Pod X3 Live
Marshall Valvestate VS-265
+ a bunch more stuff
Quote by Mazzakazza
^Or without, there are RGs and Ss which'll fulfill all those criteria. Jackson with a fixed bridge will too.

S's are Mahogany, and there are no hardtail RG's with a single coil. They're all H-H, at least the current production ones.
EDIT: A used PGM301 or 500 fits those criteria perfectly.
Last edited by littlephil at Oct 28, 2009,
ibanez sv5470.

should be perfect for you.

EDIT: actually I don't think it's basswood.

that's just me thinking ibanez when I hear basswood.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by littlephil
S's are Mahogany, and there are no hardtail RG's with a single coil. They're all H-H, at least the current production ones.
EDIT: A used PGM301 or 500 fits those criteria perfectly.

PGM is most likely your best bet. otherwise look warmoth maybe? their soloist body would be perfect and you could get it for $1400 easily. and their quality is top notch.

EDIT: and not ALL ibanez guitars are basswood. most S models and lots of the fixed bridge RG's are mahogany. some are even solid maple. just throwing that out there. a lot of people are suggesting S or SA models.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Oct 28, 2009,
RG3550Z or RG3570Z. They have trems but the Edge Zero acts more like fixed bridges when it comes to feel. Bends and double-stops work perfectly. It's also very easy to adjust. Don't get any other Ibanezes with the budget you have. You can also look at some EBMM Axises (SS) and Petruccis but they may be out of your budget. Good basswood guitars are hard to come by.
Used Ibanez PGM301. It's perfect.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
ty for all the responses
unfortunately i cannot find any PMGs where I am, i was looking for one awhile back and didn't find it then either. If i was going to except the trem would anyone recommend the rg3550mz? i've taken a liking to that model.
I would definitely, recommend the RG3550MZ. I have an RG2550Z which is pretty much the same thing but with a rosewood Wizard Prestige neck and different pickups. The Edge Zero is a great trem for people who don't like trems. It feels like a fixed bridge. It only moves when you touch the bar. Bending strings doesn't make the rest of the guitar go flat. It's much easier to do subtle vibrato on it than regular Floyds. It has amazing tuning stability too. It's actually easier to tune than my Strat. Changing strings is pretty much as easy as a fixed bridge. The only added trouble is unlocking the nut and bridge, which only takes 2 seconds.
Quote by Schecterwolf
ty for all the responses
unfortunately i cannot find any PMGs where I am, i was looking for one awhile back and didn't find it then either. If i was going to except the trem would anyone recommend the rg3550mz? i've taken a liking to that model.

If its anything like any other Ibanez Prestige models then it nails your wants so hard that you'll need to change your trousers every time you pick it up to play it.
Seriously. Roadster Orange right now.
With our lives based on the hope for salvation
The humanist paradigm is nothing but a charade
Condemned to inertia: a passive race
We wait and contemplate

Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez Ibanez

How about Suhr? They aren't cheap, but they fit the bill perfectly

Or maybe G&L? Not quite there, but close

Hagstrom XL-5?

EDIT: Actually, the Suhr costs waaaaaaay more than I expected. Ignore the first suggestion.
Last edited by sashki at Oct 29, 2009,