Page 1 of 2
As the title says Im going to try my luck with hitchhiking to get to New Jersey from Tampa, Florida. Im trying to get up there by Halloween which I know is very unlikely but I was wondering if you guys had any tips, advice, thoughts or stories about hitchhiking.
My friends cousin hitch hiked from PEI to Ontario. That's pretty far.

I'm going to say you're ****ed. Bring a knife.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off. (Our own, not each others)

Quote by Union Jake
How am i gay? I was jerking it to the women, and i didn't look at my roomates things.

Avoid this man.
Quote by captaincrunk
You are a slave who is looking for a master, and I hope he beats you.

Quote by rmr024
Toaster ovens are fucking amazing, I don't really see where you were going with that...
You really might get raped or murdered or some weird stuff srsly dude buy a Greyhound ticket for like 30 bucks.
/thread
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Why?

Also, hitchhiking tips? Really? How old are you?
LARGE TEXT
you have a computer, a guitar or bass, but u dont have a car or money for a plane ticket?!?!?!
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
Hold a sign saying 'i wont kill you'. then when you get in someones care kill them and finally drive to NJ.

whats in NJ?
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Ive hitchhiked before and I can gladly say Ive never been raped... yet. Also a greyhound ticket would cost me around $135.
Quote by DanielsanDaniel
Ive hitchhiked before and I can gladly say Ive never been raped... yet. Also a greyhound ticket would cost me around $135.

My questions haven't been answered.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by NY_FootBall49
You really might get raped or murdered or some weird stuff srsly dude buy a Greyhound ticket for like 30 bucks.
/thread

30 bucks? It's not that cheap. I paid 80 for a trip within the same state. And that's with a discount for buying the ticket 3 weeks in advance.
make sure you carry a chainsaw and a pack of miller lite
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."
TS, you're probably gonna get raped, killed or something else really bad. Good luck and have fun.
hitchhiking to new jersey? i've lived in new jersey and i can honestly say the only purpose to go there is hotboxing a car and going to white castle, unless, of course, you're visiting friends.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
dude be really careful, carry a knife or other small weapon.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by DanielsanDaniel
So Im guessing no one here has hitchhiked before?

Naw, we ain't as cool as you braw. Seriously though, I don't think there are any "tips" on the topic of hitchhiking. Just don't look like a serial killer and you should be fine.
LARGE TEXT
Well if any of ya on the east coast see a kid with long hair and beard hitching pick 'em up, it might be me! lol
Quote by patsfannumero1
hopefully you'll run into neil patrick harris and he'll offer you lots of weed and shrooms.

but what if he ends up at a whorehouse?

Quote by Holy.
Naw, we ain't as cool as you braw. Seriously though, I don't think there are any "tips" on the topic of hitchhiking. Just don't look like a serial killer and you should be fine.

as long as he doesn't get picked up by a serial killer, check your craigslist, they have ridshare, and pay someone a bit of money to drive you seriously, no one hitch hikes or picks up hitch hikers anymore, its too risky now with all these ****ed up people
I've lived in Banff and have frequently hitchhiked between Calgary and Banff. I've also lived in Vancouver, from where I've hitched out to Tofino as well as most of the west coast of Canada. The furthest I've hitched was Vancouver to Calgary.

I can't say I really have any tips, but I find it pays to dress well (not fancy, but clean) and look like you're having fun. Apparently hitching in the states is a bitch (I live in Ontario now and its mostly not worthwhile here), but out west its always safe and easy.

It's all about location too, make sure you're somewhere where traffic isn't going too fast, and there's a big shoulder. If it's not stupidly simple for someone to pull over for you, they won't. On big highways, use the on-ramp, or if you're using regular roads make sure you're outside of town. This way you avoid all the local traffic which will just disappoint you.
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
Throw caution to the wind says I. As a member of the generation who are the leaders of tomorrow I personally believe you should carry a knife at all times irrespective of location. Got to keep up appearances y'know.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
Hold a sign saying 'i wont kill you'. then when you get in someones care kill them and finally drive to NJ.

whats in NJ?

I'm in NJ, and who doesn't want to see me ?

Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by DanielsanDaniel
Well if any of ya on the east coast see a kid with long hair and beard hitching pick 'em up, it might be me! lol

also might be sasquatch :|
Page 1 of 2