Page 1 of 2
New Gear Reorganisation Day
So I mixed up my gear a bit today, thought I'ld give you guys a bit of amp pr0n to look at.

Upstairs Rig

Downstairs Rig

Cheers
you have an upstairs and downstairs rig? really?
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
when i see posts like these I wonder what kind of jobs all these people have to afford tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear. what am i doing wrong?
U BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HNGD!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Dude...

What do you do for a living?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Wow, that gave me... Have you guys ever heard of mental orgasm?
(Why is my ear wet?)

I'm a student but I don't have a car, and I don't have many hobbies = more money for gear.

And if I want to play the upstairs rig downstairs, well I do what I just did, reorganise stuff.
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
what if u wanted to use the upstairs rig downstairrs?

could you list some of those? im trying to figure out some of those racks
this guy is problebly a 13 year old boy who mooches off his parents, its okay
So the JSX and Engl are now just going to hump each other on the floor?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Here goes for the list, from top to bottom

Upstairs:
Rocktron Chameleon
Rocktron Piranha
Marshall JMP-1
ADA MP-1
Alesis Power Trip
Korg DTR-1000 Tuner
Neutrik Patchbay (to change easily between preamps)
Rocktron Intellifex
Marshall 9100 Power Amp (modified)
Rocktron Midi-X-Change
Morley Power Wah Volume

Downstairs:
Engl E530
Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp
Furman PL-8 Power Conditionner (Bottom because my power amp cord has been cut short)
Mesa Boogie SimulClass 295
Fender Bandmaster Cab modified with V30s & Marshall hardware
Peavey JSX & Engl Fireball on hiatus
Quote by ledzep149
this guy is problebly a 13 year old boy who mooches off his parents, its okay

LOL, I'm 26 and earning a Masters Degree
envy runs through me...i can't believe you have an upstairs and downstairs rig! i used to have an amp upstairs, but it was a POS and only for headphone practice!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Is it sad that I know everything in your rig already?
And that added, Why so many amplifiers all geared torwards the same tones?
Wouldn't you think with that many amplifiers atleast one of them wouldn't be pure balls in a can.
Well at first I wanted to keep most of the stuff in my upstairs room and keep an amp for practice in the basement, but I spent 90% of the time playing there so I started buying more and more stuff for the basement and ended up with 2 whole rigs.

And it's true that all those amps are leaning towards the same kind of music (hard rock or metal), but I just like trying out new stuff and can't get myself to sell any gear, especially discontinued stuff. You can still go from Jazz with the Mesa to hard blues with the JMP-1. I know I haven't got any AC30 or Fender, but I'm still pretty happy with what I got.
Last edited by Business at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by Business
Well at first I wanted to keep most of the stuff in my upstairs room and keep an amp for practice in the basement, but I spent 90% of the time playing there so I started buying more and more stuff for the basement and ended up with 2 whole rigs

u have an upstairs, downstairs, AND a basement!?!?!?
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
u have an upstairs, downstairs, AND a basement!?!?!?

Street level = upstairs (which is probably the wrong term)
Basement = downstairs
So you clearly don't need the JSX or ENGL right?

Quote by gregs1020

Hell, I don't even NEED most of these, but I do use them, the Fireball is the amp I've been using the most the last 2 months.
Quote by gregs1020

I'll trade you a Vetta for the two of them.
You obviously want moar versatility.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']You should start working on a neighbors house rig.

This. Or a garage or bathroom rig. Nothing would be better than taking a dump while playing teh bR00ta4lZ.

On topic...TS...i hate you...
I'm going to need your home address, as well as the times you plan to be away from home

Pretty killer rig you got there man. I'm working on a masters myself...but I also have a wife. So you know where all my money goes
Quote by eyebanez333
This. Or a garage or bathroom rig. Nothing would be better than taking a dump while playing teh bR00ta4lZ.

On topic...TS...i hate you...
I'm going to need your home address, as well as the times you plan to be away from home

Pretty killer rig you got there man. I'm working on a masters myself...but I also have a wife. So you know where all my money goes

Hey I got a steady GF and a house too, but they don't get none of my money. J/K
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Engineer?

Sound engineer? Nope, but I find it an interesting job and I wish I had as much knowledge on sound as they do.

Now feel free to ask any questions on that gear, let's make this thread useful.
wheres the clipz? you cant just throw those pics and no clips.

and a gear related question...

can you send me the jsx?
Wash off your shame Greg!

So the JSX is going to be here in 3-5 business days?
*pun not intended*
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Oct 28, 2009,
Quote by Business

I'm a student but I don't have a car, and I don't have many hobbies = more money for gear.

And if I want to play the upstairs rig downstairs, well I do what I just did, reorganise stuff.

balogna. you must be having your school paid for. i don't have a car and i'm in school and i can't afford anything, i'm in debt for christ sake.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
ballin rig man!

i'm still with everyone else on the assumption that you're selling crack, cocaine and heroin to scott weiland
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by jordanzio
balogna. you must be having your school paid for. i don't have a car and i'm in school and i can't afford anything, i'm in debt for christ sake.

lets see. many ways that there could be differences in your lives that I'm not going to go into

but to TS you are an inspiration, I am too dumb to set up and maintain rack gear, but many many amps in my future, I don't think a day has gone by that I have not compared prices and values of amps for the past 2 years, I now have my loud rig and my practice/parents are sleep amp, but I have a few other little solid states lying around too, and dare I say an MG, but I one day will have a rediculous amount of amps, more than you and maybe I will be happy then
Page 1 of 2