I am in the process of building a telecaster and I have some old 5 way switches for strat sitting around and I thought I could use them. Do you have any ideas or suggestions for how to wire it up?

I have two normal tele pickups with a hot and a ground wire each. It would be sweet to have the series/parallel option as seen on many 4 way switches, but I don't know how to apply that to a 5 way switch.
Quote by kleydj13
I am in the process of building a telecaster and I have some old 5 way switches for strat sitting around and I thought I could use them. Do you have any ideas or suggestions for how to wire it up?

I have two normal tele pickups with a hot and a ground wire each. It would be sweet to have the series/parallel option as seen on many 4 way switches, but I don't know how to apply that to a 5 way switch.
You won't be able to.
The 4 way switch has 2 poles and 4 throws for each pole.
The 5 way switch has 2 poles and only 3 throws for each pole.
the 2 and 4 positions bridge adjacent throws together.

You'd be able to do it with a 4P5T superswitch. Looks like a regular blade switch from the front side of the pickguard, but the back side has 24 contacts.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Are there any other thoughts for two single coil tele pickups and a 5-way switch?