hey guys, i've been noticing that i've missed alot. what im saying is the only songs that really make me feel like im listening to music are songs from before i was born, like david bowie and nirvana jimi hendrix and all that stuff. thats real music. but no. we have to listen to people like kanye west and britney speares. am i the only one who wants to piss in a cup when i hear people call jonas brothers rock?
Don't pay attention to it and listen to what you like.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Not ALL mainstream music sucks, just about 99 percent of it.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Since when is Nirvana NOT "mainstream".
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
all those bands you listed were mainstream in their day at one point or another, and i'm damn sure someone said they weren't "real" music as well...

my point is, you don't have the authority to judge what real music is, in fact, no one does. you listen to what you like and music you don't like is simply that, music you don't like.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I don't like mainstream either but I don't like alternative/grunge and stuff like nirvana. that stuff seems kind of mainstream to me.
i meant modern mainstream as of now. not the definition of mainstream. think of it from my point of view then you will understand
Thank You! I hate almost every band that is new since 2000 with the exception of Kings of Leon, the Killers, and Muse, otherwise its 60's through 80's
I like mainstream music.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Dude, the '70s had shitty disco, the '80s had crappy synth music and hair metal, the '90s had boy bands...

Mainstream music being terrible is no modern phenomenon.
*reported*
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
First of all, nobody listens to Britney Spears anymore...

Second, have you ever actually listened to anything by Kanye West? He actually has *GASP!* good music...

Third, we've all heard this blabbering before about how rock from the 70's or whatever is better than music from today... you're kinda late for that one...

Also, who gives a shit what other people listen to, listen to what you want to listen to...
Carpe diem; Seize the day.

Just be.

Scales are notes, not shapes, boxes, or patterns.
It sucks, indeed.
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
I hate it to, but you can't say it's crap

If it was crap would millions of people listen to it?
Quote by newjesus
i meant modern mainstream as of now. not the definition of mainstream. think of it from my point of view then you will understand

so we have to think like you, then we will know?

you were pretty clear when you said that "mainstream music is crap." you should try to not be so close minded and branch out to more types of music than just "classic rock" you'll find lifhas many things to offer.

when is the last time brittney spears had a hit anyways?
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

It all comes down to personal preference. Personally, I like some of Kayne West's music, so. No reason to whine about it.
Quote by fendermalmsteen
First of all, nobody listens to Britney Spears anymore...
Also, who gives a shit what other people listen to, listen to what you want to listen to...

This
Quote by fendermalmsteen
Second, have you ever actually listened to anything by Kanye West? He actually has *GASP!* good music

no he does not, period. all he does is copy other people and make good songs worse
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Whatever dude, let people do their thing. And if you have such a beef with "mainstream" listen to indie bands, there is still a lot of good music out there, you just have to look harder.
(I'll give you a place to start: RX Bandits, Maps and Atlases, The Sound of Animals Fighting, The Dear Hunter, i can keep going if you want....)
Quote by fendermalmsteen

Second, have you ever actually listened to anything by Kanye West? He actually has *GASP!* good music...

Uh... No, nor do anyone else in that genre...
Mainstream is just "pre-appoved" music for idiots that don't know what good is.
Most people think "if it's played on the radio then it's good"

Plus, most mainstream is just a marketing scam.
Big record labels, taking good ideas and marketing them to all hell.
Most musicians probably only touch a fraction of what their label is profitting.

Quote by zbest
no he does not, period. all he does is copy other people and make good songs worse

You know, you're absolutely right. What was I smoking when I actually like his music? I guess you know more than all of us what "good" music is...

Just be.

Quote by mashedpotatoes
Uh... No, nor do anyone else in that genre...

So all rap music is bad? That's rather closed minded, isn't it?

Just be.

Quote by fendermalmsteen
So all rap music is bad? That's rather closed minded, isn't it?

NOW rap sucks. saying that all rap sucks its just an opinion and it doesnt suck at all
Quote by neidnarb11890
Dude, the '70s had shitty disco, the '80s had crappy synth music and hair metal, the '90s had boy bands...

Mainstream music being terrible is no modern phenomenon.

Perfect definition of the last three decades. how about the 2000's?
Knocking mainstream since you listen to stuff that was mainstream 10 years ago is really overdone. Haha, sorry, I hate some mainstream stuff too but I find the more you bash something the more you let it control you.
Nirvana was before you were born? Must be pretty young... You don't have the authority to judge music. Nobody does really, but especially not you.
Quote by fendermalmsteen
You know, you're absolutely right. What was I smoking when I actually like his music? I guess you know more than all of us what "good" music is...

Regardless what you may believe, he is not a musician... he does not make any music... he just talks over other songs and uses the stupid shit he does in public to retain his popularity. Actually, he is a musical parasite. Its sad and pathetic when you have to go and humiliate a 19 year old girl(who won her first award EVER and in COUNTRY, do you know how hard that is?), in front of millions i might add, just so that people will know who he is. Basically is there is buzz about him he makes money and thats all he seems to care about...
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Quote by zbest
Regardless what you may believe, he is not a musician... he does not make any music... he just talks over other songs and uses the stupid shit he does in public to retain his popularity. Actually, he is a musical parasite. Its sad and pathetic when you have to go and humiliate a 19 year old girl(who won her first award EVER and in COUNTRY, do you know how hard that is?), in front of millions i might add, just so that people will know who he is. Basically is there is buzz about him he makes money and thats all he seems to care about...

I don't give a shit about his popularity, and I don't care about the chick who won some award... And yes, he makes music. He makes sounds that are meant to be listened to as either art or entertainment... that would be called music...

And many people like said music... so yes, there are those who would call it "good".

Whether you like the music or not, or the way it was made... your oppinion is just that, oppinion. Who gave you the authority to define what music is or isn't "good"?

Just be.

Last edited by fendermalmsteen at Oct 28, 2009,
If you don't like what's on the radio or tv, turn it off and stop complaining.

Just be.