Its a Fender Stratocaster, made in Mexico. I dated the serial number back to 1995. It plays and sounds great, it is by far the best guitar I own right now . Anyone know any important or interesting facts about this specific model? I would like to know a little more about it...

Actually my parents bought it for me as a late graduation present, lol, however it is still just as special.
Last edited by PatheticMedic at Oct 28, 2009,
Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the Ensenada Plant (Fender), Mexico in the Year(s): 1995 - 1996

Fender: Mexico

Fender Mexico was established in on May 5th 1987, Ensenada, Mexico with electric guitar production beginning in 1989. Ensenada facility includes eight buildings, covering more than 200,000 square feet. This includes Electronics, Electric Guitar, Amplifier Cabinet, and String manufacturing. More than 1000 employees are on staff and are supported by the Fender Quality Control team which travels from Corona to Ensenada once a week to help maintain quality. Fender Mexico guitars and amplifiers are made using many U.S. components, again maintaining the highest standards.

serial number MN553334
Squier series Mexico guitar. From what I've read those were a step between Squiers built in Asia and Standard Series Mexico guitars. I think it was bodies and necks made of spare Mexico parts, and hardware and pickups were Squier.

I could be wrong though. I'm just spitballing from memory.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Netrone is right.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Quote by Natrone
Squier series Mexico guitar. From what I've read those were a step between Squiers built in Asia and Standard Series Mexico guitars. I think it was bodies and necks made of spare Mexico parts, and hardware and pickups were Squier.

I could be wrong though. I'm just spitballing from memory.

Wow that would be a bit of a let down. You buy it thinking your getting a real Fender MIM and its half a squier Though i guess if you change the wiring and pickups then you could have a really good guitar

But hey, if you like it and it plays good then thats all that matters... Dont let me deter you from playing

HNGD!!!
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Correct me if I wrong;

Aren't the mid to late 90's mims better than current production?

They have/had hotter pups(some might prefer weak)
They have/had higher quality tuners and tremelo, but a cheap nut.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
If you find a guitar you really like just enjoy playing it and feel lucky you found it
Quote by westdyolf
Correct me if I wrong;

I think you may be right, the pickups are pretty hot sounding, and it holds tuning perfectly. I haven't had to tune it since I got it about 2 weeks ago.
Quote by westdyolf
Correct me if I wrong;

naa not really, i think they are better now. i used to have a 95 mim standard strat and lpb standard tele i bought new back then.

the fenders i see now are much much better, the japanese strats were some nice quality. i reccomend you try one.

i remember that squier line..... came in white black and red.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by Tatsumaru
Wow that would be a bit of a let down. You buy it thinking your getting a real Fender MIM and its half a squier

No...you should know that it's a Squier since it says it right on the headstock...
I know this is a dead thread, but...

Correct me if I'm wrong!

It's not a "Squier by Fender", it's a "Fender 'Squier Series'". Some of these are really sweet! The trick is finding a black label (like yours) with specific serial numbers. Built by Fender, not Squier, and no affiliation with the Squier factories save for, varying through the years, various components.

IIRC, I think the MN3xxxxx thru MN5xxxxx serial numbers used virtually all MIA Fender "overstock" components/body/neck minus the tuners and single ply pickguard.

Later models still used Fender necks (sometimes bodies) but were more Squier than Fender, using a hodgepodge of parts like bodies, pickups, tuners, electronics, and pickguards from Squier. These had a Fender label change with the copyrighted "Squier" logo, and "Fender" in much smaller print. I think the labels changed every couple of years. Yours was probably the first change.

Mine is a '94 and has "Squier Series" in small print, in quotation marks, on the top of the headstock, in a simple print, not the copyright "Squier" logo, and no copyright or reserved mark next to "Squier", which would be a legal requirement, regardless whether or not Fender owns Squier. I think '95 was the year Squier actually became involved in name only, though they were still made by Fender. I think they gradually declined in quality after 95, but I'm not sure. Became Partscasters, probably.

These sold for darn near as much as non-Squier Series MIM's, and on the same racks. It's a great bargain if you can find a good one, and can be had in awesome condition for $150-200.

Mine's identical to yours, just different placement and font of the "Squier Series" and no "Squire" logo. Great players, if you can get a decent one, which looks like you did! I love mine--awesome neck. I think most people sanded the "Squier Series" off.
Last edited by Ziggle at Nov 19, 2009,
its a mexican strat, we have a fender francise and ive been working in the shop since 94, and ive had a few of those, really nice guitars, some of the mexican fenders are known for having "vodoo" they just sound so hot and amazing, i actually have a 98 MIM fat strat, that just sounds amazing, they actually used to mark the "vodoo" guitars from the factory at one point
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Thanks for the validation--I appreciate it, and the owner of the thread should too.Big difference between a MIM that some marketing geek should have been shot over for the naming convention, and a "Squier by Fender".