I am lookin at gittin a new guitar and my price range is $250 tops. I read the reviews about the RG120 on musicians friend, but i trust them about as far as i could throw myslef. I need to know if this is a good guitar for the money. I play Blues, metal, and rock.
Metal and rock it's pretty good, for blues it's not ideal, but it can be done.

All in all not bad for a beginner guitar, just watch what you do with that trem. It can go out of tune pretty easily.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Its a good guitar for the genres you're looking to play, you're gonna have to coax a blues sound out of it though, but its not impossible, just hard to find a good blues sound.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
My buddy has one. Granted he switched the pickups so I can;t really vouch for the sound of it with the stock pups but it plays fine and you can get 'em pretty cheap.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
There's no real point in switching out the pickups unless you're looking for a guitar to mod from the ground up. It won't last you all the way to gigging, I went only about 7 months before I became fed up with the overall feel of the guitar, not to mention the low output of the pickups, they sound so bland. Granted I was playing through a MG at the time, but even through my new Bugera it sounds like crap.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...