http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/41668-skewer.mp3

Sooo

Amp : Vox AD30VT -> line out to PC
Drums : Beatcraft

This is more of a tone test than an actual song but i liked how it came out, so decided to put it up here.

Basically, the first part was more of a major themed bit and the second part was in a minor.
I'm not sure if it turned out that way or not.
I intend to add vocals/proper lead guitar eventually.
It's a bit repetitive, but all my stuff is, I can't help myself.

Tell me what you think.

Edit:
I realize the intro is a little abrupt.
This is because i was also planning a nice, little acoustic bit at the start and never got around to it.
Sorry.
Last edited by unet at Oct 29, 2009,
is that a backup "AH" vocal I hear in the background or synth? lol

nice mellow sound to it towards the beginning although the second part of the 4 part measure in your guitar intro sorta hits a weird note for me

other than that sounds great - although the progression is a bit slow - though doesn't really make you feel like you're goin in circles due to the pace. But it does make me wish you could've hit the 2:08 and 4:17 marks sooner :P lol

replied to your message on me thread - thx for the crit!
Quote by Night
is that a backup "AH" vocal I hear in the background or synth? lol

No vocals or synths.
Just guitars and effect pedals.

Quote by Night
i
nice mellow sound to it towards the beginning although the second part of the 4 part measure in your guitar intro sorta hits a weird note for me

It worked!!

Quote by Night

other than that sounds great - although the progression is a bit slow - though doesn't really make you feel like you're goin in circles due to the pace. But it does make me wish you could've hit the 2:08 and 4:17 marks sooner :P lol

I know what you mean....hence the wanting to add vocals.
I was hoping that could give it more direction.

I'm particularly fond of the end bit myself.
i like the beat. at 46 seconds i was waiting for vocals and i think they should come in about there. i like the change of guitar part at around 105. kind of reminds me of a beatles song. great playing. this is one of the best things ive heard all day. i realy like it. just the whole vibe. you got a great thing going here. icant wait to hear it when its done. right before the 212ish mark i like the chorus/distorted change up. nice work mate. this is good. cant wait to hear it when its done.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22128301#post22128301
crit mine?
Wow if this is just a tone test cant wait to hear it when its done!
I really like the pace of the first 2 parts, it has a kinda epic feel to it,
I think if the drums were just a tad bit louder and there was a bass added in to fill the bottom end along with your vocals it would be beautiful!