could someone help me find the schematics for THIS Vox Amplug guitar headset amplifier?
thanks ahead of time
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
anybody?
Gear
Ovation Celebrity
Quote by HeyItsChenny
I don't think you're going to find the schematic for that very easily

I'm not 100% sure, but if I was to guess, I'd say that all the components in the amPlug are SMD. which makes it less likely that someone's gonna draw up a schematic from looking at the circuit.

it also means modding it will be extremely difficult (although I'm guessing you want to build one, not mod it?)

theres lots of schematics for other headphone amps out there if you want, though..
Quote by james4
I don't think you're going to find the schematic for that very easily

I'm not 100% sure, but if I was to guess, I'd say that all the components in the amPlug are 1) SMD. which makes it less likely that someone's gonna draw up a schematic from looking at the circuit.

2)it also means modding it will be extremely difficult (although I'm guessing you want to build one, not mod it?)

3)theres lots of schematics for other headphone amps out there if you want, though..

1) SMD..is it that that black stuff that covers the board so u cant see whats underneth(i think its called potting)

2) yes i want to built 1 (or at least try)

3)
someone point me in the right direction?
Gear
Ovation Celebrity
Quote by HeyItsChenny
You could go here, http://www.runoffgroove.com/articles.html and build something like a ruby amp with a headphone jack on it, maybe the condor cab sim, and one of the distortion effects on to a fairly small board, that could clip onto your strap or something. Its a bit of a challenge to combine the circuits and such, and none of know your circuit experience. Since you don't know what an SMD component is, I'm going to guess its not much, but thats what I would do/am in the process of doing.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by Seaweed2626

1) SMD..is it that that black stuff that covers the board so u cant see whats underneth(i think its called potting)
Nah, SMD = Surface Mounted Device
Instead of being a cylindrical package with wires coming out the ends, the components are tiny rectangular blocks with pads. Instead of having the wires go through holes in the printed board and solder to the foil on the opposite side of the board, the devices lay right against the foil side of the board and the pads of the device join up to the foil traces on the board.

Quote by Seaweed2626
2) yes i want to built 1 (or at least try)
k, koo

Quote by Seaweed2626
3) someone point me in the right direction?
google guitar headphone amp schematic?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Oct 30, 2009,