Hi I live in Australia, and I'm looking at buying a Head (BIG - Gallien Kruger 700RB) from America and I was wondering about the voltage difference (Australia being 240 and the US being 110). Will the amp work in Australia? will I need a transformer, what abour warranty?
thanks in advance!
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

i play guitar with my penis
It's just not worth all the trouble... trust me... I left some of my favorites amps back in Europe...
Quote by Cole419
It's just not worth all the trouble... trust me... I left some of my favorites amps back in Europe...

oh ok.. but what d o you mean by trouble?
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

I think it's fairly easy, I don't claim to know much about this but due to the US dollar at the moment i was looking into it.. I think there's something inside the head (a transformer or transistor or something) that you could change out that would cost alot... or you can get a wall attachment converter which is apparently annoying to lug around but cheaper.
the voltage converters I've seen like the ones we used in Russia (240v) were relatively small
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by CLaSH88
oh ok.. but what d o you mean by trouble?

Using a transformer becomes the bane of one's existence... It's incredibly frustrating especially when you use it the first time and accidentally blow your amps fuse out...
Quote by braydz
I think it's fairly easy, I don't claim to know much about this but due to the US dollar at the moment i was looking into it.. I think there's something inside the head (a transformer or transistor or something) that you could change out that would cost alot... or you can get a wall attachment converter which is apparently annoying to lug around but cheaper.

sweet well it's somethign to think about hey
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

Quote by Cole419
Using a transformer becomes the bane of one's existence... It's incredibly frustrating especially when you use it the first time and accidentally blow your amps fuse out...

lol fair enough, as long as it's only the fuse...
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

plus shipping and any duties and taxes... just think it through. good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
you can:

1. get the transformer in the amp changed, but it will be pricy.
2. a step-down transformer, cheaper but it may generate hum.
3. check if the amp is selectable voltages.

note that if you get the transformer changed, or if you use a step-down transformer, it might void your warranty.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
There will be warranty issues, yes. Opening the amp to have a shop mod it will certainly void the warranty. If you buy it in the states you would probably have to have it repaired in the states.