Why do you need a 412?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Why do you need a 412?

I haz two 4x12s and a 1x15... problem?

Like I said, TS, look into Avatar (assuming you live in the US) they will give you the most bang for your buck if you're looking for something new.
If you can find a Bogner cabinet for $500 (i've seen them in LA), get that. If not, Randall XL cabinets are really good too. Also, avatar, as mentioned before.
+1 to the used Bogner suggestion. I see the 4X12s go for $500-$600 and the 2X12s for around $400. IMO, the best vintage Marshall type cab currently made.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
bogner really? i dont think i've seen anyone praise those cabs before

EDIT: the 4x12 bogners are going for like $1000
Last edited by dlguitarmaster7 at Oct 29, 2009,
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
bogner really? i dont think i've seen anyone praise those cabs before

EDIT: the 4x12 bogners are going for like $1000

They're awesome cabs, most people tend to go for more modern sounding cabs though, atleast from what I've seen on internet forums. The only other cab I've played that sounded as good for those vintage Marshall tones was a Germino, granted, I've never played a Splawn. And we suggested used, new cabs are typically overpriced, with Avatar and Splawn as a rare exception.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
yeah i definitlry want something new. ive done used amps before and wasnt too happy with it. would an avatar g212 vintage be good?

I wouldn't worry too much about new vs used when it comes to cabs. Having the speakers already broke in is actually a plus. Use craigslist and the link in my sig if you change your mind on this. New - I'd go with the Avatar. That's actually what I did but only after patiently waiting for something to pop up on my craigslist and and scouring the local shops. I have a Traditional 212 with a closed back $400 shipped. I have a G12H30 and a Classic Lead 80 and am very happy with it. They also offer broken in speakers with their Hellatone series. Contact Dave at Avatar and tell him what you are looking for tone wise and he'll walk you through to a solution.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 30, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I wouldn't worry too much about new vs used when it comes to cabs. Having the speakers already broke in is actually a plus. Use craigslist and the link in my sig if you change your mind on this. New - I'd go with the Avatar. That's actually what I did but only after patiently waiting for something to pop up on my craigslist and and scoring the local shops. I have a Traditional 212 with a closed back $400 shipped. I have a G12H30 and a Classic Lead 80 and am very happy with it. They also offer broken in speakers with their Hellatone series. Contact Dave at Avatar and tell him what you are looking for tone wise and he'll walk you through to a solution.

+1
you have a jtm 45, you shouldn't really be playing a 4x12 unless its with low-powered speakers. i would recommend anything with greenbacks or g12h30s, or a mixture of the two.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.